CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
A l m o s t T h e r e

It was finally Friday and the first day of our trip to Miami. While work was entertaining, especially when the scenes seemed so fun, I was more than ready for this three-day trip. After I clocked out, I drove down to the apartment complex, and I accepted the offer of the apartment. I couldn't let an apartment that appeared in good condition and had a great price go to someone else.

I dropped off the deposit, and I received the keys to my brand-new apartment. I entered the apartment feeling like it was the start of something new, and it would take a while for me to add furniture, but I was still excited to be on my own.

I looked around the room, hearing my cellphone ringing in my purse, so I pulled it out and looked at the screen, seeing it was Terrell.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hey, you still riding with us to the airport, huh?" He asked. "I ordered the Uber to take us there,"

"Yeah, I am. I just paid for the apartment," I replied. "I'll be there,"

"All Aight, Congratulations! I'm proud of you," He complimented. "Well...I'll see you when you get here,"

I mouthed okay and ended the phone call. It seemed as if Terrell wasn't too happy about me leaving his house, but he had to know that I wasn't staying at his home forever.

I sighed, saving my phone into my purse, and I took another look around the room and walked out, locking the door behind me. I waved at the receptionist, leaving out of the building to head to the car. I drove in silence, thinking of all the stuff that I had to do to get my career started, and I ended up making a list in my head.

1. Keep up with my private session with Ms. Deanne Livingston.

2. Be sure to contact Kobe Perry to get a film reel done & have more photoshoots.

3. Build a website.

4. Start auditioning for roles.

5. Become a sponsor/influencer.

6. Attend parties/social events to get face out there.

7. Lots and lots of networking!

There was a lot more to it, but it's what I needed to do post-Miami. I was also thrilled to hear that I had didn't have only one talent agency meeting, but I had three, as it made me wonder if it was all on the same day. My head got filled with so many ideas that I imagined could work for my career.

I continued to drive until I pulled up into the driveway and parked next to Terrell's car, stepping out as I walked towards the front door. Knocking on the door, I waited for someone to open it, and that someone was Terrell.

"Hey, the Uber is on his way," He confirmed, extending the door wider.

"Okay, I just have to grab my luggage," I said, entering the house to see Toya holding a Chick-fil-A bag while Terrell was walking into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator where he pulled out a drink. "Y'all got me food? Awe, yall do love me..."

"Yeah, we just finished eating and couldn't forget about you," Toya replied.

"And I already know that you love you some chick-fil-A," Terrell asserted, giving me a playful smirk.

"You know me so well..." I smiled, accepting the food as I took a seat next to Toya. "So, I just put my deposit down on the apartment, and I'll be moving out very soon,"

"Hmm," Terrell muttered, clearing his throat while setting the drink on the coffee table. "That's good, Lil' bit. As much as I don't want to see you go, I'm proud of you,"