Mydnight Symphony Ch. 6 Dara

CHAPTER SIX

The party crossed one final path of boulders and into a clearing. Jasmyn gasped. Levi stood, levitating about a foot off the ground, and restrained by orbs travelling around his body like planets orbiting the sun. He struggled against the orbs, but every time he moved, he seemed to be shocked violently. Electricity seemed to be the major source of weaponry for these people. Behind Levi was a floating storage container. If they used electricity as weapons, anti gravity seemed to be their main source of energy.

Levi's expression to Jasmyn's appearance was priceless. He stared at her dumbfounded, and gasped, "You're alive?!"

Jasmyn nodded, not knowing what to say.

Suddenly, Levi's expression changed from sheer amazement to anger. "You're alive?!" He screamed, violently thrashing about. The orbs constraining him were weakening, and he was able to move more agilely without getting shocked.

Gordon and the black woman ran to stop Levi from breaking free. Levi reached for his gun, the strange gun that shot electricity, and aimed it at Jasmyn's face. Being restrained by Alaiza's stupid handcuffs, Jasmyn couldn't do anything but close her eyes in fear. However, Gordon shoved Levi to the side. His gun fired, and spliced to the left. A sudden yelp of pain startled Jasmyn.

Doubling over in agony was a tall, lanky, nerdy, young man. Levi's gun had shot him in the upper thigh. Jasmyn hadn't noticed him before. Huge thick rimmed glasses adorned his face, suitable for Harry Potter, and no one else. His black hair fell loosely over his eyes, and he was dressed in different attire than the rest of his party. His skintight suit was navy blue, not chrome, like everyone else's.

"Dara!" Alaiza yelled to the black woman. "Bring Dominicus to the Garage! Gordon and I will take care of Levi ourselves."

"But Alaiza, what about the girl?!" Dara asked. She nodded at Jasmyn.

"The alien can wait. Bring both of them to the Garage."

Dominicus had passed out. His eyes rolled back into his head.

"Will he be all right?" Dara asked Jasmyn, stroking Dominicus's soft black hair. Out of the five other people.... aliens... Dara was the kindest.

"I think so." Jasmyn answered. "I survived, didn't I?"

Dara laughed. "Yes, but we don't know what you are."

Jasmyn closed her eyes and thought for what felt like a long time. "Why are you guys here anyways? What's up with the Regime, the Q-Regency, the whatever?"

Dara frowned. "We're the Regency. As you are an earthling, I am part of the Regency. As you are a human, I am Regime."

"Why are you on Earth?"

"We're looking to rehabilitate our own planet. You see, our planet, Regina Ovirus, was destroyed by the Category about 1000 years ago due to overpopulation. I believe that overpopulation was the reason the Category destroyed your planet as well. Well, for the most part, the Regime enlisted in the Q-Regency, the finest elite military in the galaxy, to search for planets for us to rehabilitate. You see, Regina Ovirus had a population roughly larger than Earth's, however, the planet was two-thirds the size of Earth."

Jasmyn looked at Dara confusedly. "Why, if they have this elite military, and a population larger than Earth's, did they send you five to investigate? Did the rest of your planet die like mine did? And how do you know English?"

"No, no," Dara said laughing. "The Regime are immortal. We're scouts. There's hundreds of thousands of scouts searching the globe right now. Yet, it's weird you don't ask that the two most important children of the Regime, Alaiza and Levi, are with us. They are the leaders of the Expedition, or what we call the scouts searching planets."

"That makes sense. And how do you know English?"

"English?" Dara asked. "What's English?"

"The language I'm speaking! You're speaking!"

"English? Oh! No, no. I'm speaking Navoux. I was going to ask how you know Navoux. But I guess you wouldn't. Navoux is a mimicking language, as the Regime are a mimicking people. My real name is "Q-tueX," but I'm known as 'Dara Ford.' Q-wedX is known as 'Gordon Cloverose' and Q-thuX is known as 'Alaiza King.'"

"That's interesting." Jasmyn didn't want to bore Dara or Q-tueX, with questions, but she had one majorly important question that she just realized.

"Wait, you guys are immortal?"

"Yes. Our entire planet is sitting up in the sky in Q-Ships, while your civilization was wiped out. That's why we had a hard time believing you're human."

"You do believe I'm human, right?" Jasmyn plead.

Dara hesitated. "To tell you the truth, Jasmyn, I don't really know."

At that moment, Alaiza, Gordon, and Levi entered the ship. "The first thing we do when we get into space, is find a Q-Ship." Alaiza said, pressing controls. The levitating container gradually began to rise and pick up speed.

"Wait, isn't this a Q-Ship?" Jasmyn asked.

"Are you serious? Alaiza asked sarcastically. "This is a Garage."

"Q-Ships are much, much, bigger. But they're ant-sized compared to the High Queen's Majesty, also known as the Mothership." Dara informed.

"Dara, stop talking." Alaiza said. "We still don't know what type of alien that thing is, so -"

"Alien? I am not an alien." Jasmyn said, offended. "I am human. This is Earth. You guys are the ones sitting up in space in your Motherships and Q-Ships, and Garages, and whatever."

"Hey. Listen to us. To us, you're an alien. So shut up. You're the one surviving a Category Apocalypse, something only the Regency is able to do, and then after that, surviving Levi's Tesla."

"Levi's what?"

"His gun!" Alaiza snarled.

"Listen to me!" Jasmyn snapped back. Watch it, a nagging voice in her head urged. "100 volts isn't really that much. It stunned me, that's all."

The Garage suddenly shifted, and shot up straight into the air, defying gravity. Before long, they were in space. Time slowly went by, and Jasmyn slowly drifted to sleep.