Mydnight Symphony Ch. 15 The Second Dream

Chapter Fifteen

That night, Jasmyn returned to the white place where she had met John. The place was less blurry than the last time she had been there, but it still wasn't defined. It was like she was in the middle of nothing. The white surroundings stretched on for infinity with no definite beginning or end. There were no walls, no ceilings, no floors. Just white.

John appeared before her, and Jasmyn laughed with joy. She was happy. Finally happy.

"It's been some time since I have seen you last, Erica." John said pleasantly.

"Please John, call me Jasmyn."

He nodded. "You wanted me to call you that last time. Jasmyn. It is a pretty name. Why do you want me to call you that?"

"It doesn't matter. But I don't know how long it will be before I see you again, and I never want to leave you."

He smiled. "I am closer to you than you think."

Jasmyn frowned. "I don't understand what you mean."

He laughed, that same rich laugh he was famous for. "Look around you, Jasmyn. What do you see?"

"White."

He laughed. "You're not trying, Jasmyn. You'll get it soon enough. Comprendiste?"

Jasmyn crossed her arms. "No. I don't comprendiste. I don't know what you mean John, and I give up. Can't you just tell me?"

He shook his head. "The Regency isn't as honest as you think, Jasmyn."

"How do you know about the Regency?!" She snapped.

"I know everything about the Regency. I know everything that you know. Like, High Queen Alissindy is corrupt and abusing her power?"

"Yes, I know that."

"I know you know that! That is how I know that!"

Jasmyn had to smile, but John was just digging and digging a deeper cryptic hole of confusion. "So, you know things that I don't, right?"

He nodded.

"And you can't tell me these things because I don't know them myself." Jasmyn said, a wave of realization washing over her.

John nodded. "So basically, I can't help you because I can't tell you what you don't already know. However, I can find the things you may have missed and make them clearer."

"So, I already know that someone isn't honest. That must be Levi, Dara told me that. And I already know that you are closer to me than I think." She sat down. "I wish you were alive."

John kissed her on the forehead. He started to speak, but a loud and furious knocking on her bedroom door shook Jasmyn from her dreams. Angrily, she stormed over to the door, slammed it open, and looked into the eyes of a very worried looking Dara.

"Jasmyn, come quick. There's something I need to show you," she said frantically.

Jasmyn immediately knew by the look in her eyes something was terribly wrong.