Mydnight Symphony Ch. 21 The Mother of All Challenges

Chapter Twenty-One

J

asmyn didn't know what more to expect - a stunned silence, or an uproar. The uproar followed, loud for only the six Overlords that had cried out. The Fire Lord and the female beside him remained silent.

"Today, the Regency has come in peace. We wish to look for answers, and we request a favor." Alaiza continued.

A murmur of confusion swept among the six Overlords.

"I too, wish for answers." The Fire Lord replied. "But first-" with a swift gesture, he threw his hand up in the air. Jasmyn was suddenly knocked off her feet, and flew backwards, smashing into the metal wall behind her. Pain shot up her back and down her neck and arms. She noticed everyone else except for Alaiza had suffered the same fate as she did. She was stuck to the wall. She struggled against it, but couldn't move her arms. It felt like a giant invisible force was pressing her into the wall, and only her head and feet were free.

"The force holding your friends against that wall is already extremely powerful, and will eventually saw them in two. If you are dishonest with me at any point, I will speed up the process." The Fire Lord threatened. "First question. What happened to Alissindy?"

"She was vaporized." Alaiza said. "I am the next in kin, so I became the High Queen."

The Fire Lord nodded. "Why did you destroy my Waves?"

"We weren't going to, they attacked us first, and-"

"Wrong answer!" The Fire Lord snarled. "Those Waves never attack first."

Jasmyn remembered the extremely long wait between the Q-Ships and the Waves before Jasmyn had destroyed them all. She gasped for breath. The force was pressing on her lungs, and just got tighter. Her lungs were on fire, and the pain she was feeling was excruciating.

She noticed Chevron was flailing, trying to pull himself out of the force's deadly grasp. "Don't move," she whispered. "Struggling will just make you run out of energy quicker. Try to stay calm."

Chevron said something inconceivable back to Jasmyn, but relaxed, looking defeated. Jasmyn wanted to take her own advice, but there was no way she could relax under these circumstances.

Alaiza was frantically searching for an answer. "They felt threatened. The Waves will attack if they felt threatened. One of our warrior ships sped by too quickly, and the Waves shot at us. We shot one of them, and the first brigade exploded."

For three long hours, Alaiza explained the whole story, starting from how they found Jasmyn while searching for a planet to rehabilitate, up to how they found themselves in the trial room of the Category Overlords. Her voice was persuasive and clear, and the Fire Lord seemed to believe every word she spoke. He had loosened the grip on the force placed on Jasmyn and the others, but only by a little bit. If Jasmyn hadn't been immortal, she would have been dead hours ago.

"Tell me, High Queen, what is the favor you asked for?" The Fire Lord asked when Alaiza was finished speaking.

"After the bodies of John and Levi were Transferred seven years ago, John completed three Transfer processes, and is now completely in Levi's body. The only way we could get to change them is if we could use the Fire Lord's Device."

The Fire Lord rose his hand. Alaiza stopped talking, and everyone behind her dropped to the floor. Jasmyn stood up, gasping for air, and pain erupted throughout her body. She heard loud pops from the other five prisoners, as their organs expanded back to normal.

"You have played in the hands of dangerous matters, and all actions lead to a result. In your case, your results lead to consequences. To give a life, one must take a life. In this case, we will hold a life." He pushed the hooded young woman in front of them. "This is Lady Celeste, my daughter. Celeste is going to pick who she believes is the strongest female, and the strongest male."