Mydnight Symphony Ch. 18 The War: Domino Effect

Chapter Fifteen

"This is copilot Jasmyn Miller speaking. All pilots of the Q-Ships are to follow these instructions." Jasmyn's voice boomed over the Q-Ships PA systems.

Dara turned to Dominicus. "What's going on?" She asked. "Why is Jasmyn alerting the Q-Ships?"

Dominicus shook his head, and stared blankly at Dara.

"All Q-Ships and the H.Q.S. Majesty are too be steered 3 degrees right... as order of your new High Queen, Alaiza."

"Alaiza?" Dominicus asked, stunned.

"What happened to Alissindy? Really, now what is going on?"

Jasmyn turned to Alaiza, who was slowly spinning around in her seat. Her eyes were closed, her fists were clenched, and she was breathing deeply. "What's the name of this Q-Ship?"

"Mydnight Symphony. Division of Mydnight Symphony." Alaiza answered slowly. She was hectically trying to formulate a plan. She opened her eyes, and looked over to where Gordon was standing. "Before you leave, shut off the gates to the Garages. I don't want people trying to escape and alerting attention to us."

Jasmyn pressed the small black button on the control panel which was the microphone. "All ships are to report to the Division of Mydnight Symphony, on the starboard side of the H.Q.S. Majesty. This is an emergency, I repeat, this is an emergency. We have changed course into the Black Sky, and are preparing for war against the Category Armada. Please, do not panic."

Dara and Dominicus gasped. "We have to find Levi and Chevron! There are 150 thousand people on this Q-Ship, who are all going to start panicking, and taking Garages back to the Q-Ship. If we don't find them now, we'll never find them!"

"I'm not leaving." Dominicus said defiantly. "For that exact same reason."

Dara grabbed onto Dominicus's shirt collar, and tried to drag him with her.

He grabbed onto a support beam on the wall. "Dara, stop."

"No!" She snapped. "I'm not playing games here, Dominicus." She practically tore him from the beam, and hoisted him onto her shoulders.

His mouth dropped at her sudden strength.

Dara saw his reaction, and rolled her eyes. "I'm a Galatian, we're strong. Now come on!"

Dara carried Dominicus for about three or four minutes, as they quickly crossed the Q-Ship. He didn't struggle with her, and Dara dropped him. They walked in silence until Alaiza's voice thundered over the PA system.

"Listen up. If none of you listened to Jasmyn, you're going to be listening to me. Something happened to my mother, and I'm High Queen now. We're about to face an army of thousands of Category Wave ships. We only have a couple hundred Q-Ships, with about 60% of the Regency population living on them. There is absolutely no need to worry, I have a strategic plan. Every Q-Ship will need to help out, especially the Division of Paragod. That is all for now."

"What are you planning on doing?" Jasmyn asked. Alaiza looked at the rows of nonmoving ships in front of her sadly.

"I have some idea." She jumped up. "I have to call the pilots of each Q-Ship, not the PA system. They have to move extremely slowly. The Wave ships will attack only if they feel as if they are being threatened. As I said before, they are run by computer." Alaiza ran to the communication machine on the other side of the control room.

Jasmyn thought to herself. How had she destroyed the first Wave ship? She looked at the menacing rows of tightly packed ships in front of her. The ship had exploded on contact with the electricity striking it. Where had she hit that ship?