Mydnight Symphony Ch. 11 The Trial \ Sunset City

Chapter Eleven

The court Jasmyn stood in had to be the size of a Q-Ship itself. It was a giant semi-circle, directly in the front of the H.Q.S. Majesty. On the outside of the semi-circle, forming a U-shape, 180 extremely important looking Regime stood. Behind Jasmyn were about 200 more people, watching her trial. In the center of U was the High Queen.

Beauty radiated from Alissindy. She looked exactly like her daughter, who happened to be standing beside her. Alissindy had dark, wavy, violet hair, which reached her lower back. Her side bangs covered both her eyes. In the center of her golden crown was a large crystal, which reflected the light from the ceiling, and seemed to be illuminated itself. Alissindy wore a strapless dress, which was made of jagged segments. Her neck was completely covered by an ornate jeweled band, with a diamond pendant.

The most peculiar thing about Alissindy was that she had no legs, and just floated in the air above her throne. At first, Jasmyn thought she had no arms either, but she was simply holding them behind her back.

Her voice was beautiful as well, and she managed to project it to reach the entire room, which was the size of maybe two football stadiums. Despite its large size, this room wasn't even a fraction of the size of the Mothership.  "Welcome to the Court of the Regency, known as the Court Palace. Let me introduce you all to the Chief of the Paragod military, my daughter, Alaiza. Thunderous amounts of clapping filled the air. Jasmyn gasped. Alaiza was the leader of the military? Alaiza?! High Queen Alissindy continued speaking. "To the right of me is my personal assistant, Gordon," She paused momentarily for applause, "and to the left of me is the Royal Lord Family of the Q-Regency, Lord Gahsioxh, Lady Cecelia, and Lord-son Levi." The standing ovation that followed was expected. High Queen Alissindy turned to the crowd. "Now, rise for the singing of the Anthem of the Twenty Seven Regencies."

The court erupted into a frenzy of chanting and singing. Each member of the court seemed to be singing in a different language, and the voices pounded in Jasmyn's head painfully. As quickly as it had come, the Anthem was over. If she ever had to hear that again... she shuddered.

"In front of us today is "Jasmyn", the supposed human and only survivor of the Category Apocalypse, a fact unreasonably not assuring. Us, the Regime, are immortal, and we ourselves couldn't face our own Apocalypse. Is this possible? "Jasmyn" will defend herself. Jasmyn, answer this question honestly. What are you?"

Pain washed over Jasmyn's body, the same pain that had rattled her brain during the singing of the Anthem, only worse. Tell them! A voice shrieked inside her mind. You are not human! Let them know that! Jasmyn ignored the voice. "I am human."

Lies! The voice screamed, and the pain grew worse. It is impossible! Listen to the High Queen! It is impossible!

High Queen Alissindy and Alaiza stared at each other. There was a restless murmur within the semi circle around them.

You are not human! How could you have survived when no one else had? The pain was growing agonizingly worse. Jasmyn dropped to her knees, and threw her hands to her head. Tell them! "I was in the Tomoi Bunker!" she screamed at the High Queen. The murmur grew louder and High Queen Alissindy held up a finger to silence them. "That's the last thing I remember! The Bunker must have been a safe zone or something!"

High Queen Alissindy stood up immediately. The pain in Jasmyn's head immediately vanished. "Let her go, immediately. She is telling the truth. She's human."

A shockwave of confusion stunned everyone in the court, even Jasmyn. The controlling voice had disappeared.

The two guards accompanying Jasmyn hoisted her to her feet.