CHAPTER 1

In Mumbai,
Malhotra mansion:
A boy is standing and saying something caressing the photo.

Boy(crying): Mannat, please. Tum vaapas aao na. Atleast, come for fhattu na. You know na, how much i love you. I miss you so much. Please, mannat. Ek baar... Ek baar Aao.. Mein tumhe kahi nahi kabhi bhi jaanae dunga nahi... Please... I need you... Our fhattu needs you... Our nyo needs you.... Our bujju needs you... Please jaan, vaapas aao na.... Please....

Someone call 'MANIK' from back on seeing him.

MANIK: Cabir, I am so fed up. Why god always busy in messing my life. I need her cabir. You know na, how much i love her. Please cabir. Tell the god to send her na.

Cabir: Manik, don't give up. Keep faith in god. God will surely send her one day. Don't worry.

Raj(coming from back): Yes dad. Keep faith in god na. He will surely send mom to us. Don't worry.

Neyonika: Please dad. Stop crying. Surely, she will come one day. Don't worry. You know na, how much she loves you. If you will cry like this na, she will hate you for being such a cry baby.

All of them chuckled at the statement.

Neyonika: Okay, now tell me. Have you packed your things for going? What time you have your flight?

Manik: yeah mom, we have packed everything. Don't worry.

Cabir: And the flight is after two hours. Now, I think we need to get going to the airport.

Raj: Yeah, you are right. Come let's go.

All of them sat in the car and drove to their destination. After sometime, they reached the airport. Mukti, Dhruv, Alya reached the airport. They all bid bye to their parents and took their positions in their flight.

Manik drove into the day when he saw his mannat, anurag's mannat.

13 JUNE 1980, KOLKATA:

Anurag(manik) was going to pick his son in school in his car after so many days because of the buissness trip. On reaching the school, the scene infront of him make his blood boil, his son was crying and some random teacher was scolding him for something and another man was watching them. He goes towards his son, and without knowing the reason he slapped and shouted on the teacher.

Anurag: How dare you? How dare you scold my son haan? Bolo. You can be a teacher, But, that doesn't mean ki you will shout on my son. How did you even become a teacher. You didn't even know how to handle children. Wait, let me call the principal. Now, bear the consequences. fhattu, are you okay?(turning towards little raj)

But raj goes towards that teacher and and ask in his childish voice.

Raj: mom, are u okay? Dad slapped u na? Is it paining? (touching her cheek were anurag slapped)

That's when anurag realize who is she, because all the time raj talked about her only and also he refer her many times as "Mom"

Teacher(with tears) : mein, bilkul teek hai beta, you don't worry. I am fine. It just we were playing a game to make you laugh. Go home safely okay.(saying this she pecked his forehead). (turning toward the man) sir, i will take your leave. I will meet you tomorrow. I need to leave. Excuse me, sir.(without waiting for his reply, she went away).

Man(sighed and turn towards anurag): Listen Mister, I am the principal. First, who gave you the rights to slap someone. And second thing, because of her only, now your son is safe. You know what? he goes towards the truck, saying he saw his father over there. And before he get accident in the truck, she saved your son. Infact she got many bruises. But she didn't consider it. You know why she scolded your son, not because of going towards the truck, it's because of he had been repeatedly said that my dad is over there. So, only she shouted. So, from next time, hear it once before you blame someone.