CHAPTER 12

SPACE, TAMIL NADU:

Person: What's all this? (turning to manik) And you Mr. Why are you beating him? Should i need to call the police?

Manik was about to yell on that person, before that something stopped him.

Nandini: Appa, neenga inga epdi(Dad, how come you here?

(yes it is Nandu's father, Mr. Murthy. You are correct Annetwenty)

Murthy: Naan inga arya kooda vandhaen(I had came here with arya). Naan veliya en frnd oruthara paathadhunala pesitu irundhaen(I had been talking with my friend outside). Naan inga vandhu paakumbodhu ivanga rendu perum sandai potanga(when, i came here, i saw that these both were fighting).
Inga enna nadakudhu(What is happening here)?
(Indicating Manik) Ivan yaarunu unaku theriyuma(Do u know who is he) ? Ivan edhukaga ipdi arya kooda sandai podran(Why is he fighting with arya like this)?

Nandini(tensed): Appa, it's...

She don't know what to do. Everyone also get tensed.

Aryaman: Mama, athu onnum illa(Uncle,it's nothing). Actually, it's my fault. Naan inga varumbodhu theriyama ivan kooda phone pathukitae idichutaen(When i came here while seeing something in phone, i had accidently collided with him). I even didn't ask sorry. Infact, Naan avana thittitu irundhaen(Infact, i had scolded him). So, he got angry.

All of them are shocked on his confession.

Murthy(sternly): Arya, idhu enna behaviour(what is this behaviour)? Unta irundhu naan idha edhirpakala(i didn't expect this from you). Ask sorry to him.

Arya: Ok, Mama. Don't worry. I will ask him.

He came to Manik. While, Manik was glaring at him.

Arya(fake smile): Sorry, bro. It's my mistake.

Manik didn't say anything. Cabir nudged him to say something eyeing Mr. Murthy who was watching his every reaction.

Manik(sighed): It's ok bro. Next time, be careful.

Mr. Murthy: Arya, Nandini. Come. Nan ungata pesanum(i need to talk to you). 

Saying this he moved outside. Nandini after giving a last look to Manik who was already looking at her with some emotion and went away with arya.

Nandini: Appa, neenga inga thideernu epdi(Dad, how come you here)? Sollavae illa(you didn't even inform me)?

Mr. Murthy: Actually, Nandu. Naan arya va college la serka kooda vandhaen(I had came with arya for joining him over this college). Aana, Naan inga vandhapo adhellam nadandhuchu(But, when i came here, all those things happened). Vidu(Leave it). Nee sollu(you tell me). Epdi irukka(how are you)? Nalla padikuraila(you are studying good na?

Nandini: Haan, appa. I am fine. Nalla padikuraen(am studying good). Veetla ellam nalla irukangala(everyone in home is fine right)? Vera yaarum varalaiya(Others didn't come)?

Mr. Murthy: Illa pa(No dear). I only came here. Seri(okay). Ipo enakku trainuku late aagudhu, naan kelamburaen(now i am getting late for train, i am going). Neenga rendu perum nalla padinga(u both study well). (turning to arya) Arya, be with her always. I am only trusting you. I know you will protect her.

Arya: Don't worry Mama. I will be always with her. Neenga bathirama poitu vanga(you go safely).

Nandini: Haan, appa(yes,appa). Neenga badhirama poitu vanga(you go safely). Veetuku poitu call pannunga(call me once you reached).

Mr. Murthy: And, Nandu. One more thing. Stay away from him. Never ever talk to him.

Nandini(confused): Yaaru appa(who appa)?

Mr. Murthy: That boy. Arya kooda sanda potanla(who fight with arya). I don't like him. I don't think he is a good boy. So, stay away from him.

Nandini controlled her tears and nodded looking down. Arya noticed her tears and decided to talk with her later.

Mr. Murthy: Ok, Arya, Nandu. Naan kelamburaen(i am going). Take care. Bye.

Both of them waved at him and muttered bye. After when Mr. Murthy left from there, Nandini wiped her tears and turn around to see whole fab5 with abhi and Navya watching her with worry. She just turned and walked towards the hostel cryingly without stopping for the people who was calling her from behind.

Here after Nandini left, abhi, navya and arya started to follow them. Manik sat on the bench holding his head thinking about his messed up life. Everyone seemed to be silent as they don't know how to react. Raj and Neyonika came over there and get confused to see them like that.

Neyonika(sat beside manik): Manu, kya hua? Why are you being like this? Why everyone is standing like this?

Manik(looking at nowhere): Nandu appa hates me. He said nandu to stay away from me. Now, Nandu will also do like that. On top of this is he is trusting aryaman. But, about me, i am a bad boy.

Raj: Manik, it's a misunderstanding okay. We can solve it in future. First, let us think about how can we make Nandu to accept you.

Cabir: Yeah, Manik. Dad is right. First let us think about Nandu. Everything will be fine.

Manik(blankly): Nothing will be fine. Let us go home. Today i had enough. I can't handle anymore.

All of them agreed to give him some time. After entering their home, Manik without speaking to anyone moved towards his room.

The screen ends...