Jackie Welles - The Garage.

(Important)

(If youre unfamiliar with Cyberpunk 2077, then the next few chapters may be confusing due to slang and what not, to keep in touch with the game ive decided to keep the readers name as V still, and a positive...is that its non-binary, go nuts)

Vs POV.

"CORPO SCUM!!!"

I briefly open my eyes to the sound of my open window, street rats failing to overthrow a militec hovership...getting gunned down immediately.

Well, thats at least what it sounded like, not like it hasnt happened before.

Grunting with audible cracks, stretching my bones with a satisfied sigh, buying a can of  NI.cola from the vending machine.

Chugging it without a second glance, my phone buzzing my ear as I answer with a groggy voice.

"Heeey V!, you look like you just woke up" Jack answers sarcastically.

"And you look like you never slept Jackie, whats up?" I ask.

"Oh, you know, got a gig if you're interested, but its not the typical type Miel~" he winks as I give him the finger.

"Whats a typical gig in NC? Its all biz Jackie, where we meeting?" I plan as Jackie laughs.

"Chill V, just come over to my garage"

"Since when do yo-" he hung up the phone before i could say anything.

"-have a garage..." i sigh out the rest as Jackie pings me his location, putting on my threads and guns.

Never too careful.

After leaving my apartment, passing by all the Pits inhabitants, some carried themselves, others kept to the piss soaked corners they're used to.

But solos like me thrive in Night City, the city of the damned and unworthy.

Slipping into the elevator and jumping into my car, Jackies co-ordinates werent too far, so my car ended up stopping just outside a noddle stop on the edge of an alleyway.

"Yo V, over here!" Jackie waits by the stand for me.

Walking over with an amused face.

"So your garage is a noodle shop?"

"No dumbass, its behind it" he chuckles pulling me around the shop into the alley, where a garage door slowly opens.

I could only guess this was his man cave, it smelt like it anyways, but Valentinos was written all over it. You can take the gangoon out of the gang but you cant take the gang out of the gangoon.

Its the same for everyone here.

"Now, dont be mad-" he says making me smile.

"Too late, now spill~"

"There is no gig, I just needed someone to hang out with" he says sitting down on his workout bench, already picking up a weight and lifting it.

"Thats vague, you know we're chooms Jackie you coulda just asked" I say with a worried face, leaning again his mini workbench.

"Misty and I decided to call it quits, she said my aura was clouded or inseguro , said I needed to talk to you about it" he looks at me with hazy eyes, and now I understand why.

"You know Mistys Tarot readings are semi-truth, you two will get together again I'm sure of it" I try to reassure him.

But he shakes his head gravely, getting up to my level and getting some keys out, opening the side door that led to a living space.