Bigby Wolf - The Boy who Cried Part 1.

Your POV.

The night was dark and gloomy as it ever was in Fable Town, the stars muted and stifled by the glowing Street lamps above me as I walked. It wasn't nearly as late as it felt, the streets dead and no sign of trouble was more surprising than anything I'd seen here. That is if you don't count the Sheriff, who was picking himself up off the driveway, a gash in his shoulder that was full of window glass. I would've stopped to help if I wasn't clouded by my own judgement. I still remember him from the old days.

I was just a little boy, barely 11 when he showed up to eat my sheep and when I called for the townsfolk they wrote me off as a scared little boy when he hid. The ending was different to what Mundies' were used to though. I wasn't eaten, but he sure could've if he wanted to.

"You just gonna gawk at me like that?" He asked, slightly slurred, booze addled when he noticed me, his voice always used to remind me of those weird commercials with that old white man who swallowed all the sandpaper in the world after a pack of cheap cigarettes.

"Why? you gonna do something interesting wolf?" I bite back, not letting his wound gain him any sympathy, he groans as he rose, looking up at what I presumed was the window he was thrown from. By who I'm sure I'd find out eventually.

Bigby was obsessed with trying to do things for me, walk me home at night, pay my tab at Holly's and even asked me some questions about that crooked man case a few months back before it was all under the bridge (Literally), case closed.

"You...you wanna catch a drink?" He asked. The question was an unsure one, scared almost.

It'd been a while since I'd been to Holly's since our last altercation, I was in no mood for Grendel vs Wolf part 2, though if it was Bigby he was likely to pay.

"Sure, just no fighting this time." I was stern as he waved to his shoulder, walking over to me like a dog licking his wounds.

"Don't think I have much left if I'm being honest...smoke?"

"No, I quit" I say, waving away his cigarette, shitty brand like always. We pass a corner and he lights his puff and take a large inhale, blowing like a volcano as it passes by my face.

"Why are you so obsessed with trying to be nice to me?" I asked him sincerely. It wasn't like he was being subtle.

He sighs heavily.

"Its...not a big deal, just some past issues I've been tryna overcome...you just happen to be the hardest besides Red" He said, sounding more sober as we walked, he swiftly continued "Gotta make up for being the Big Bad Wolf somehow." His tone was regretful, but I never saw him as some monster.

"I was never mad at you for being a bad wolf, eating those sheep was a nicer fate than having my bones being used as tooth picks" I look down watching my feet as the take lazy steps towards the bar. "I was more annoyed of being branded a liar for eternity and a stupid lesson if you ask me." we reached the steps as he opens the door like a gentleman. Holly's smelt like liquor and that same brand Bigby smoke, it wasn't pretty, but it would do.

"After you."

"Thanks."

The topic of conversation was dead, but I was thankful to see that the bar wasn't completely empty, Holly sat content as she wiped a glass with a rag, the buckshot wound still not fully healed as it lay bandaged still. I take a seat next to Gren and Woody who look as shocked as Holly when Bigby sits next to me, ordering a drink instead of questioning everyone like he usually does.

"What brings you two out together, don't you have a tenuous history to fight about?" Holly asked, smirking slightly.

"Pfft, he ate some sheep, I cried, end of story...at least the pigs got a more exciting ending than me" I say with an amused grin.