Nightwing - The Bat and The Owl Part 1.

(Based off the Gotham Knights Version of events.)

Your POV.

There was many reasons to not be doing what I was about to do, but despite my dire circumstances, they were my final hope. Batman died, and then Gotham went on without a care in the world. The court of Owls was ready to strike, but with each step we take from our shadows led to our discovery by none other than the protégés he let behind.

I peek down from my perch and see that he was right on time. Dick Grayson. 25 years of age and approximately 5ft 10 in height and a total babe, arriving in his acrobatic style with tumbles until he was right where I arranged our meeting place. I never gave them a name, but the seal of the Court was enough of a message of the severity.

He looks around, looking for his meeting. Eyes scanning the buildings until his eyes land on mine, both our eyes were hidden behind masks and he was just as cautious as I thought he'd be.

"So, the court is real then..." he cracks to himself as I stand from my perch an drop down to his level with grace that only the court could have paid for.

"Mr Grayson, a pleasure~" I say with a sweet tone, despite my inclination to help he kept his distance, knowing everything he saw, his bat family at home would too. He tensed at my use of his real name, but shakes it off with expertise.

"Aww you did your homework, I'm flattered" his snarky tone flies quickly in response.

"You should be, I'm putting myself at risk just being here, the Court likes to remain hidden for a reason"

He circles around me, If I made a move to betray his trust he'd see it, every so often he'd slip from sight, the eye holes in my stark white Owl mask cutting of my peripheral vision.

"What's your important message? Gotham doesn't run on spare minutes" he taps his wrist like a watch with a scoffing chuckle, static arises from his earpiece, his face getting back into its flattening stern gaze.

"You've made great strides in uncovering us, but I no longer hold a loyalty to the court after..." I stop my train of thought, remembering the sole reason I wanted to betray the infamous Court of Owls. The feeling of dread in my lungs as my father hangs from the contraption in the centre of the room, his mask unhinged and surrounded by our parliament of owls. The voice of the Court bellowing out to us all.

"Traitors will not go unpunished!"

I break away from the memory as he catches my attention.

"After what?" He asks, his black hair flitting across his eyes as he shakes his head. I take a deep breath and reach behind my head to unclasp the white mask off my face, the moment my true identity was revealed, his hands lower and his face softens in surprise.

"(Y/N) (L/N)? you're the-"

"Son of the mayor, yes, if you remember the press run from a few months ago then you'll know my father went "Missing" under mysterious circumstances..." I scowl at him as I relive the awful memory. "You can guess how legitimate that claim was...gang crimes and debts to be paid were discussed amongst police records...but some court members have begun getting in the pockets of officers after Batman's death."

"Is the court responsible for the disappearance? what proof do you have to back all this up after freeze nearly wiped Gotham into an ice age? Is it connected?" He interrogates me, approaching closer with his threatening aura.