Chapter 6: Stargazing

Today I had my last day of school for this summer. I was so happy that our summer break finally started.

I had to start packing my suitcase today, because our flight was tomorrow night. Since I had seen Alex with that girl at the carnival, I wasn't even that excited anymore. I tried to tell myself that it would still be fun going, since my brother, Nick and Matt were also coming, but It was a little hard to think that way.

I knew that it was just going to be really awkward between us the whole time. I still couldn't get him out of my head though. I hated him. It was wrong but I did.

I was just so angry, at him, at myself, at everything. Ugh.

I was sitting on my bed and listening to some music. Today was a really sunny and warm day. I somehow was feeling sad because I kept thinking about the whole Alex thing.

I just couldn't forget the face of his girlfriend, when she saw that Alex was about to say something to me.. and the way she kissed him.. and the way he kissed her back..

I also couldn't forget the worry in his face when he saw me cry outside the pub.. his arm around my waist.. him holding me close to him while walking me home... the face he made when I hit my knee against the table.. it was all just so frustrating.

I felt a tear roll down my cheeks. And then another one... and another one. After a while I was completely sobbing. Why did Cody ever introduced me to him? Why did I ever look out of the window? Why did I just fall for him?

My whole body was trembling. I was in pain. His sweater and sweatpants were still in my closet. I really needed him...

°°°°°

After we had dinner I went back into my room to start packing my things. I first packed my medical case and then I started putting my clothes and bikinis into my suitcase. Then I suddenly heard the doorbell ring.

"Bub could you please open the door for me?", I heard Cody call from his room.

I rolled my eyes and went out of my room. I quickly went down the stairs and opened the door.

Of course it was Alex. Who else? Damn it. I felt my whole body go stiff. He was leaning against the doorframe and he didn't notice me at first.

When he finally noticed me he straighten up. 

"Uh hi, is Cody here?", he asked looking into my eyes. I could see that he wasn't relaxed and neither was I.

I opened the door more, to let him know that he could come in, without saying anything else. He nodded his head as he stepped in. 

"Cody! Alex is here come down!", I yelled annoyed. The last thing I wanted to do today was to see Alex. 

I let out a little groan, as I turned back to Alex. It hurt to look at him. 

Suddenly I heard him chuckle. He was looking at my pants. What was wrong about my- oh my god. I forgot I had my PJ's on. I felt myself blush. 

I had these PJ's since I was 13 and they were printed with ugly emojis. They were ridiculous but they were cozy.

Then I heard Cody finally come downstairs. I looked up to him to avoid eye contact with Alex. He smiled at Alex. Cody was wearing a T-Shirt with some baggy jeans. It seemed like they were going somewhere. I was curious but I kept my mouth shut.

I was about to go upstairs when Cody stopped me.

"Hey Bub, do you maybe want to come with us? You've been laying in your bed the whole day."