Chapter 12: Room 505

A soft hum woke me up the next morning. I slowly opened my eyes as I turned in the bed. Alex was sitting on the chair next to my bed. He had a notebook in his hand and seemed to write something in it as he kept humming quietly.

When he noticed me he stopped. 

"Good morning love, how is your stomach doing?", he said as he gave me a little smile and closed his notebook. 

"Pretty good, thanks. Where are the boys?" 

"They went to buy some coffee for us all... Diana are you sure that you want to get back to the hotel today? Maybe it's better if we stay a little longer here.."

"No i'm better, really..God i'm so sorry for this. I don't think this is how you guys had expected your vacation, I should have just stayed at h-" 

Alex interrupted me as he grabbed my hand gently.

"Diana, this is not your fault. I'm glad you came with us" His thumb was stroking my palm.

I had butterflies in my stomach. I gave him a little smile as I looked into his dark eyes. I didn't notice that Alex had gotten closer when I felt his breath on my face. My whole body tensed.

Alex was looking at my lips as he was moving even closer. We were now only inches away from each other. When our noses touched I wasn't able to breathe anymore. My heart was pounding hard against my chest and I was sweating. 

Then we heard laughter from outside the room. Just before the door opened and the boys stepped in Alex quickly moved away from me and let go of my hand. Damn it. What did just happen?

I was still very confused and flustered when Nick, Cody and Matt placed the coffees on the table.

"Hey Bub, how are you feeling?" , Cody asked me as he stepped closer to me.

"I'm much better, thank you" I gave him a little smile.

"So you want to get back today?"

"Yes. That would be great"

Cody gave me a little hug before he went to the table to give me my coffee. We were all sipping our coffees in silence.

I just couldn't forget how close Alex had been to me. I don't think i've ever been this close to anyone in my whole life. Just thinking about it made my stomach turn around. What would have happened if the boys never came in that moment?

°°°°°

We were back in the hotel. The boys had decided to stay a little in my room and plan what we were going to do today.

"Diana maybe it's better if you stay in your room today, so you can truly recover? What do you think about that?" my brother suggested. I didn't really want to but I had no chance. Damn it, why was it always me. I nodded my head slowly.

"I can stay with you..if you want.." Alex said quietly. I turned my head so I could face him. I started shaking my head.

"No Alex, I don't want you to waste a whole day because of me. Go and have fun, I can watch Netflix or do something else"

"Maybe it's really good if someone stays with you Diana. What if your stomach gets bad again?" I heard Matt say. Alex was nodding his head.

I let out a sigh.

"Diana I promise you, it's fine for me. I don't want you to stay alone" Alex said.

I looked over to my brother and saw that he was nodding.