Chapter 2: Dinner

My alarm clock started ringing. I turned around. It was 06:00AM. The first thing i thought about was, that Alex was going to be here for dinner tonight. After laying in my bed for 10 minutes i decided to slowly get up. 

I went to the bathroom, that i shared with my brother. When i went in, Cody was already brushing his teeth. He smiled when he saw me. In the mornings we usually ignored each other but he seemed to be in a good mood today. "Morning bub". Thats how he called me since I was a kid.

"Why are you in such a good mood today", i asked yawning. He let out a small chuckle.

"It's nothing.", he said, which was obviously not true.

"Tell meee", i made a funny face.

"Fine but don't get mad at me then, okay? So bub.. me, Alex, Nick and Matt booked a flight to Italy yesterday. We just really need a break from all this college stuff and I think we deserve it."

I couldn't believe it. I looked at him with an open mouth. I was so jealous right now. Not just because Alex was also going to go but because i also really loved traveling and the last time i had vacation was more than a year ago. I just really missed it and I also had a soft spot for Europe in my heart. I've only been to Spain 5 years ago but it was so beautiful.

"I'm never going to talk to you again. I'm so jealous right now", i said in disbelieve while grabbing my tooth brush. Cody laughed and then suddenly he stopped. He was looking down and he seemed to think of something.

"What's wrong?" , i wanted to know. What was he thinking? After a while he raised his head and smiled while looking at me.

"I just had the greatest idea. Why don't you just come with us? I mean you're old enough now and since your summer break starts soon, there shouldn't be a problem" , he said with big eyes. No way. I couldn't believe he really just asked me that. A big smile grew onto my face and i felt like screaming.

"OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS? I mean yes, I would really love to! But what if I just annoy everyone , I mean i don't even know the boys and I'm pretty sure mom and dad won't let me go", i pointed out.

Just imagine going on vacation and not just that but also with Alex- i couldn't believe it. But i didn't want to get excited to soon because mom and dad probably were going to say no. And if i was Cody i wouldn't want to have to take the responsibility of my little sister. I would probably really just ruin the boys plan. I mean if i would have planned a cool girls trip and i had a little sibling and-

"Sarah! Are you listening? Stop overthinking. I will talk to the boys today and when we have dinner we are both going to talk to mom and dad. Okay?" , he interrupted my thoughts.

I didn't realize that i wasn't smiling anymore and my face looked rather sad, when i looked up to the mirror. I was always overthinking everything to much, that was true. I smiled again and hugged my brother. "Thank you so much, i love you"

"Of course bubi. It will be lots of fun and i'm pretty sure Alex and the boys will love you.", he said with his arms around me. I was so thankful to have such a great brother.

°°°°°

"Lizzy!", i yelled through the hallway of our school as i ran up to her. I could see her shining blond hair from miles away.

"Omg hi Diana", she said while hugging me.

"Okay Lizzy, remember how i texted you, that i have to tell you something crazy right?" , i said exciting as I was shaking her arms. Lizzy nodded her head crazy to tell me that i should finally tell her.

"Okay so it got even crazier this morning.." 

When i was done telling her everything about yesterday and this morning her eyes were big and she was holding her hand against her mouth.