chapter sixteen

˚₊✩‧₊

CRYSTAL was still laying on her bed, hopelessly staring at her bright green walls, plastered with art masterpieces, when the text delivered. Her phone buzzed in signal of a new notification, dragging Crystal right out of her thoughts.

She selflessly picked it up, and unlocked it, revealing the sender — an unknown number. Crystal shivered for a bit, and stared at her phone screen in astonishment for a few seconds. Countless questions originated inside her mind, like how had this mysterious sender gotten her number, or why were they even texting her in the first place?

But just when Crystal decided to just let go of all those inquiries, a new one popped on her mind. What if this mysterious sender was nobody else but the Gigi Goode?

Crystal couldn't help but form a shy dreamy smile at that thought. How cool would it be if the prettiest girl in the world had had the iniciative to text her? Like the true starry-eyed hopeless romantic she was, Crystal had illusively dreamt about something like that happening to her; but she could've never ever pictured it actually happening. Why was that?

''Hm, I guess because I could never picture Gigi loving someone like me.'' Crystal thought, rubbing her elbow.

Crystal clicked on the notification, and anxiously read the text message. Her heart instantly skipped a beat — indeed, it was Gigi. Crystal could barely believe her eyes; even so she had to double-check that it truly was her. But it also made Crystal happy — she was almost certain Gigi hadn't only texted her to talk about the circus. Crystal was pretty sure Gigi saw her as a friend, and she liked that. I mean, sure — Crystal wanted Gigi to think of her as more than a friend; but that's another story. And the first step to get there would be to text her back.

Gigi: Hey pretty girl! It's Gigi, how are ya?

Crystal: Oh my god Geeg how did you get my number ???

Gigi: Everyone at the circus has it silly. We all got copies of the form you filled in when you signed in, which includes your phone number

Crystal: Wow so the information I gave is indeed confidential

Gigi: Of course!!!

Crystal: Well if any of those people who have my number had to text me I'm glad it was you <3

Gigi: Totally you're so fun and I just think that the time we share at training isn't enough because everytime I'm near you time just seems to fly by

Crystal: Yeah I agree and I feel the same about you!

✧˖*°࿐

AND then, all of a sudden — silence. The conversation had flowed perfectly until one point. Gigi knew more than well what she wanted to tell Crystal, what she had wanted to tell her for weeks; but had never gotten the chance, nor the guts, to do so.

Gigi nervously fidgeted with her fingers around her phone's keyboard, trying to figure out what would be the best to do — to finally say it, and liberate herself; or to just go for the safe choice.

''Well, what you want to do is not necessarily what you're going to do, Gigi.'' She said to herself.

As the minutes quickly passed, Gigi could picture a confused Crystal on the other line, wondering why wasn't she getting an answer; and Gigi wanted nothing but to drive to Crystal's house, and wrap her arms around her to kiss her passionately, and let the hearts speak for themselves.

But even though Gigi was terrified, she typed the message, sent it, and threw her phone across the room. A loud ding was heard almost immediately after, but Gigi didn't check on it, and instead she tucked herself inside her bed, and tried to get some sleep.

Gigi: I miss you Crys

Crystal: I miss you so much more Geeg