Chapter 3

April 12, 2017

Peter Parker headed to Advanced Percussion, his only and favorite elective, for the second period of the day. His escape from the chaos of academics and bullies.

When he got to class, he helped the rest of his classmates drag out all of the equipment and get ready for class to start.

All of the other students were talking about being in a marching band and the pros and cons of Front Ensemble and Drumline. Most of them had chosen last year which of the two sections to join and were going to stick to it. The Senior Tenor Drummers were talking about teaching current chosen Freshman how to play, to pass on their craft.

Peter couldn't do marching band. His aunt couldn't afford it, they struggled to pay the bills and for groceries. He also was the personal intern of Tony Stark, that would also bring scheduling conflicts, he didn't want to lose such an amazing job opportunity. He always wanted to do marching band though, weather he actually marched or not. 

It was chance that he had run into Mr. Stark in the coffee shop on 5th Street.

Peter was going to exit the shop and when he stood up, he bumped into something... or someone, rather. It was a worker.

"Sorry, sir," Peter quickly muttered an apology.

He stepped backward, without looking where he was going.

Stepping onto what felt like a shoe, his own slipped and his hot chocolate and biochem and gamma radiation books-written by Dr. Bruce Banner- falling from his grasp as he tried to find stabilization.

A yelp was heard as a cup of coffee was also dropped as someone else fell and Peter and landed on top of them.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Peter apologized as he tried to get up.

He saw his books in a puddle of two mixing brown liquids.

"Nonono! No! No!" Peter cried, picking his books out of the liquid.

It dipped from the pages as he flipped through, his cheeks wet with tears.

Peter suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, blindly he shoved it away as he mourned for his books that were signed by Dr. Bruce Banner.

"Hey kid, what's wrong?" A male voice asked him.

"Please leave me alone," The broken voice replied. "It's nothing that can be replaced."

There was a slight scoff from the stranger.

Peter stood up with his soaking books in his hands, he exited the coffee shop after dropping them in the garbage can.

Three days later, there was a knock on the door of the Parker's apartment.

"Peter, can you get that please?" May called from her bedroom.

"On it!" Peter called back to Aunt May.

He left his laptop open on the couch and went to get the door.

He opened it to see Tony Stark and Bruce Banner! At his door!

Peter slammed the door shut in surprise. Leaning his back against the door, he sighed.

"I'm going crazy. I'm going crazy," he mumbled to himself, "Two Avengers are at my door. No, they are not. I'm imagining thi-"

He was cutoff by another knock.