Chapter 16

October 26, 2017

The day seemed to flash by and by the time the two got back to the tower, they had to go to bed already. After Tony sneaked into their rooms and asked if they wanted to go to the library to relax a little. They ended up playing the duet plus Harper for almost an hour and it had been so long since they had played it so they were a little rusty in some spots.

They ended up falling asleep quickly after that into a peaceful dreamless sleep.

The two woke up in the morning to FRIDAY as an alarm again. After they each got ready, they headed to the kitchen and toasted a couple Eggo's and ate them plain as they grabbed a few last things and went to the elevator where they were stopped by their uncle.

"Be safe during your learnings," Loki told them.

They nodded and gave him a brief hug before heading down to the garage to be taken by Happy.

The school day went without hitch, apparently they had actually scared Flash at lunch. Marching Band rehearsal was packed so there was no time to dwell on any thoughts and the occasional odd glance from Hunter or Skylar.

They had talked about the plan of taking Hunter to 'their place' after rehearsal and his mother agreed so he was in, though he didn't know what they would need to talk about.

After the powwow, Harper, Skylar and Hunter helped Peter get his stuff back to the percussion room to be faster, and by the time they were back outside, Happy had arrived and was waiting very impatiently.

They hadn't warned anyone at the tower about their company. That was probably a mistake that could end badly.

Happy gave grumbles and questioning looks and glares at the new people.

"Who are they?" Happy asked.

"They're our friends," Peter explained, "Skylar found out about us."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh," Harper chuckled nervously, "we didn't tell you?"

Happy looked confused but rolled his eyes at the teens.

"Ask Tony," Harper told the driver as the car pulled away from the school and they were all buckled into their seats.

Yes, she was now on a first name basis with Tony Stark, he had told her to call him Tony after the night before and she hadn't known what to call him.

"Happy, these are Hunter Johnson and Skylar Bennett," Harper introduced them, "guys, this is Happy Hogan."

Luckily they didn't seem to recognize the name of the exboxer.

"This is a sweet car," Hunter muttered under his breath.

They arrived at the tower's garage but the two friends weren't paying attention to the surroundings because they were fascinated by the buttons and controls within the car.

Happy parked in the usual spot and then climbed out of his seat as well and walked over to the private elevator and waited for all four teenagers to get their stuff and get out of the Audi.

They eventually joined him inside and the doors closed.

"You're coming up, Mr. Happy?" Peter asked.

Happy nodded, "apparently I have something to talk to Tony about and I told you to stop calling me that. Drop the 'mister', please."

Harper chuckled.

"Where are we?" Hunter asked.

"That explains why you didn't freak out when we drove up, you two weren't paying attention, were you?" Harper asked.