Chapter 13

October 24, 2017

The day had been crap. Harper had just a crappy day. On top of her not wanting to be social with anyone but Peter, she wasn't up for making her brain work or waking up in the morning. But she had to go to school and act all normal and happy. What was even worse was when Flash tried to flirt with her during Calculus then when she just ignored him, he told her that he would get back at her for it. And he did.

During lunch, Flash walked up to their secluded table and started by calling Peter names which got on to Flash pushing Peter off his chair and to the ground then kicking Peter to get him to stay while he moved onto Harper who also ended up shoved to the floor next to Peter then Flash walked away laughing at them. Peter was fuming from Harper being touched by such a vile person but their friends ended up calming him down.

After continuous taunts from Flash throughout the halls and some classes they had together, Harper just wanted to beat him to the ground, but she couldn't which made her want to cry. Band was a good relief from the strain but she seemed to be reminded when she and Peter got picked up by Happy and taken back to the tower.

She had ignored Peter's questions and protests as she ran to the elevator then to her room and collapsed onto her bed with sobs escaping her dry throat.

Cooper walked up the steps to the entrance of the large tower. He walked through the doors to be greeted by an Irish voice.

"Who are you, and what might your business here be?"

"My name is Cooper, Cooper Anderson," he introduced himself, "I'm here to see my sister; Harper."

"Of course, if you would like to get into the elevator on the far left side of the lobby, I can take you up."

Cooper nodded and made his way over to the elevator that the voice had told him to and when the doors closed, it took him up. The door opened and all that could be heard was many men laughing and arguing.

Then sudden quiet and six sets of eyes were on Cooper.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my tower?" Tony Stark asked.

"Cooper Anderson, sir, I'm here to see my sister."

"Harper?" Pietro Maximoff asked.

Cooper just nodded, not trusting his voice entirely.

Pietro ended up leading Cooper up to Harper's room then left him alone with his sister's door.

He knocked softly on the door.

"Leave me alone, Peter," groaned a broken voice from inside.

Cooper knocked on the door again, he didn't know who Peter was, but he did know that he was not Peter.

There was no response that time so after almost five minutes, he just opened the door slowly and walked in. The room was huge. There was a bookshelf and a desk, there were also shelfs on the walls and one had a large glass reptile tank with a tortoise inside. One the bed was the curled up form of a teenage girl.

He walked over slowly, almost looking like he was approaching an injured animal. He sat on the edge of the bed and faced away from her body, waiting for her to notice.

Harper looked up, about ready to glare at Peter or Loki, or whoever had decided to disrupt her, only to stop when she recognized his back based on his light brown curly hair that was trimmed short for regulation.

"Cooper?" she asked in a small voice.

He turned to face her with a small smile on his face.

"Hey, Harper."