The Mug, The Raw Fish & A Lightwood (Part 2)

--4 month earlier--

Alec rushed up the stairs to Magnus's loft taking them two at a time. Excitement buzzed inside him, however, he was still very aware of how nervous he was just walking up to his loft. He paused right before the door, took a deep breath, and exhaled as he raised his hand to knock on the door.

In a matter of seconds, the door flung open, with Magnus on the other side. Alec took a moment to take in the sight of the warlock. He wore black dress pants that hung on him loosely with a burgundy and gold tunic on top, decorated with multiple necklaces on his bare chest, but no shoes.

"You-erm - wow ... you look ..stunning" Alec managed to say while only stuttering twice. Must be a new record. Each time, Magnus took his breath away.

"Well hello to you too Alexander..." Magnus loved how the shadowhunter reacted to him, each time as if seeing him for the first time.

"..hi" Alec felt his cheeks burn up and tried to hide his face by examining his boots.

"... and thank you, Alexander, you're not looking too bad yourself" Magnus eyed him up and down "the shirt really brings out your eyes"

"Thanks .. so you almost ready to go? "

"Actually a slight change of plans..."

For a moment Alec felt a sinking feeling, he could hear his heart thumping, and the blood pumping in his veins, as his smile dropped. Was Magnus gonna send him away? Did he change his mind?

"Well, Come in already or would you like to have our date in the doorway?" Magnus teased the shadowhunter and stepped back to let Alec pass through.

'Okay he invited me in, so the date is still on.. That's good right?' Alec thought as he stepped around Magnus and stood shyly in the hallway while Magnus closed the door and turned to face him.

"So I was thinking that we could have our date here tonight instead of some overcrowded restaurant" Magnus grabbed Alec's wrist and gently pulled him behind him into the loft.. "it is Friday night after all... and I know you're not too fond of people, we could have dinner and drinks, talk a bit.... Maybe a movie after? "

"Sounds great..." Alec couldn't help but grin, his two fingers still intertwined with Magnus's. Magnus had considered Alec's feelings and made plans to make him comfortable. It felt strange to Alec that someone was putting him first, it was a small gesture but to Alec, well it warmed his heart to know someone as stunning as the high warlock of Brooklyn took the time and effort to plan something to make him comfortable.

"Perfect ... now why don't you take your boots off, and take a seat on the cushions by the coffee table, I'll grab us a drink to go with our dinner."

Alec did as instructed, placing his boots and jacket by the door, and crossed his legs as he sat down in front of the low white coffee table, his back leaning against the sofa. Magnus strolled back into the room with a strangely shaped ceramic bottle two small cups to match the bottle.

"Tonight's theme you ask? " Magnus beamed as he mimicked Alec's seating position opposite him, placing the items in his hands on the table between them. " Japanese cuisine! We're going to have sushi and drink sake ... are you hungry ?"

"Starving .." Alec responded.

" Perfect.." Magnus snapped his fingers and in a moment the table before them filled with varieties of food, ceramic platters decorated with colourful rolls and slices with small various pots containing dark liquids and mushy green stuff. Alec surveyed the contents, feeling a little anxious and uncertain as to where to start. At this point, Magnus has already picked up his chopsticks and grabbed a piece from the middle platter and dipping it once in the dark liquid before taking it to his mouth.