A Step Forward

It was late fall. Magnus and Alec have only been seeing each other for a couple of weeks, a couple of excitement filled weeks. Right now no one knew about them so most of their meets were within the walls of Magnus's loft to give them the needed privacy. 

Soft music echoed through the apartment combined with sweet smells as the couple sat next to each other at the candlelit table.

"This dinner is delicious, Alexander," Magnus said, chewing on the last bits of food left.

"Thanks, it really took some effort to not burn your kitchen down" Alec couldn't help but grin. Magnus enjoyed his cooking, he felt awfully proud of that.

"Well I know I'm pretty fabulous, but all of this effort just for me?" Magnus chuckled to himself as he leaned back in his seat, grabbing his glass of wine and bringing it up to his lips.

"Well I know you had a long week, and I wanted to do something nice for you" the sentence came out as almost a whisper.

Alec wasn't much of a social person and with Magnus, he still felt awkward and careful. They were simple words yet when Alec said them, Magnus's heart swelled up with sudden affection. He wondered if he'd ever stop feeling this way.

Lost in his thoughts, Magnus just stared at the raven-haired shadowhunter sitting next to him, focusing on his features, the ocean blue of his eyes like on a summer's day, the curve of his full lips, his snow-white skin making the slight blush on his cheeks stand out, the deflect rune down the length of his neck, he ached to kiss it, all the way down to his collarbone...

At this Alec reached across the table to grab the bottle of wine and his shirt rode up just long enough for Magnus to peek down before it covered his perfect abs again. Magnus silently thanked the angels for sending him, Alec.

If he wanted he could just snap his fingers and poof the shirt would be gone, he toyed with this thought for a moment before discarding it thinking that Alec was not ready for Magnus to act this way around him yet.

Alec stood up to clear the dishes away and Magnus couldn't tear his gaze off the shadowhunter, he followed him with a hungry gaze, the way the black shirt perfectly outlined Alec's body shape, the way his muscles moved under that shirt and his butt, Magnus loved Alec's butt, he'd always sneak peaks at it when he though Alec was not looking.

At this thought, Magnus bit down on his lower lip still watching his gorgeous Alexander that was now walking back to sit next to him. 

"Ready for dessert?" Alec said with a mischievous grin across his face, this finally tore Magnus out of his thoughts back to Alec sitting before him.

"Dessert?" he watched Alec for a moment and saw a mischievous grin across his face " oh dessert"

"Yes I'd definitely love some dessert .. right about now" Magnus looked Alec up and down which made his cheeks burn bright pink. "how about we have dessert on the couch, get more comfortable" 

"Okay" was all Alec responded as Magnus took him by his hand with two glasses of wine in hand and pulled Alec down to sit facing him.

Magnus swung one of his legs over Alec to be closer to him, he ran his fingers across Alec's biceps to his neck all while not breaking eye contact.

"Ohh-i ..i- shou-" Magnus cut him off, smashing his lips against Alec's. His lips were warm and soft, he tasted of wine, and something sweet... Their kiss caught fire as Alec ran his hand across Magnus's thigh and his other stayed steady on his waist.

Magnus cupped Alec's cheeks to draw him closer, deepening their kiss, his tongue swiped across Alec's bottom lip causing a small moan to escape his mouth. Magnus took the opportunity and slipped his tongue inside, fighting Alec's for dominance.