The Mug, The Raw Fish & A Lightwood (Part 3)

"That night was the best and worst sleep I've ever had" Chuckled Alec

"It was also the first night we spent together... even if it was on the floor"

"Eh .. the achy back was worth it" an amused expression on Alec's face "and even though I love to reminisce, I'm not quite sure how we got from me breaking your favourite mug, to our first night together?"

"Do you not remember?" Magnus was a little surprised Alec hadn't caught on yet but before he could answer Magnus just waved his hand to show he wasn't done speaking... " well it's not so much as that night more like the next morning, I woke first and while I was in the bathroom you got up and headed to the kitchen to make us coffee.."

" ..with the new coffee maker you got just for me.." Alec blushed at the thought. When he saw the coffee maker in the kitchen that morning, he felt like he belonged. Alec knew that Magnus normally just magicked his coffee from a coffee store, therefore, had no use for the coffee maker that now appeared in the kitchen. It had to be for him. That was the first time Alec felt like he was at home and belonged with Magnus.

" ..yes and you made me coffee and brought it to me in that mug that's now shattered on the kitchen floor.... Before that day I didn't even know I had that mug.." there was a huge grin on Magnus's face as he watched Alec's expressions, finally realizing what Magnus had been trying to say. Magnus couldn't hold back his laugh anymore, and soon Alec joined him, mentally slapping himself for the thoughts that crossed his mind previously.

A snap of the fingers and a couple of blue sparks later the pale blue mug with cartoon winky eyes appeared in Magnus's hands no longer shattered and fresh coffee steamed in the air as the couple enjoyed the rest of their lazy morning lounging and reminiscing.