Chapter 16 : Right here in His Arms

Asch's POV

I rest my head on my palm , taking a break on the throne.I sighed and found Rhys' standing in front of me ever since I opened my heavy eyes." Prince Asch , you should probably get some rest. It's getting late.""Seriously , even you need to care when should I sleep? Such a busybody...."I closed my eyes , trying to avoid his attention of the reason."Waiting for Yue , I assume?"*sigh* Nothing can't run away his eyes...."Prince Asch , hope you remember our actual mission on Ear-th. Blend into humans , find the most powerful human and take them back to Daemos. You're not supposed to have feelings in this moment , not to mention.....A Dargon..."

"It's obvious that I would never grew feelings on a peasant." "Then , what's the reason of being nervous since Leif said she's dead when Ava's parents came?""I-I..."I stuttered when Rhys said so."You stutter whenever you lie. Look Your Majesty , I believe that you're perhaps telling the truth but you probably know how we met Yue and her purposes. Whatever it takes , we're enemies."

After Rhys dismissed himself , I finally can take a breath. I make myself all the way to the secret room which was located in the library , looking at the most gorgeous eyes that was once on Daemos. Why do I have this feeling whenever Yue's around me? The feeling....at years ago....Nonsense! She can't be her!Since she looks so.... different...than the girl I saw on the full moon and that sacrificed for me.

"Listen , you don't have to waste your freaking healing magic on me , I'm fine."Isn't that...Yue?She's back!I'm going to-"Just hurry up , gorgeous. Don't waste my time."Leif?What's he doing to her? Without Rhys knowing , I used magic to make myself invisible and check out the commotion.

"Get your dirty hands off from mine. I don't need your stupid healing magic."Yue tried to escape Leif's grip. But , that Daemos just won't let go. Her fingertips are wrapped with bandages with some blood on it. Who the hell hurt her shall regret after this."I-I just don't want to see you like this.""Do you Daemos care about others so much?""No. But only on gorgeous ones.""Ugh , get it right. I hurt these by myself , you should probably get to heal Pierce who saved me from some ridiculous critter yesterday night!""What?! Are you alright then?!""I'm fine...Grr...Heal. Him. NOW!"yelled Yue in a hallow voice that's able to scare Leif away from her. She sighed and walked out of the palace.

Once again , I froze. Froze cause the first time seeing her so terrifying. Ugh , definitely not her. Since it's that late now , I decide to get myself some sleep. And at the mean time , wake up earlier than Rhys to get rid of the human.

*Bold is Asch's dream scene*

W-where am I ? I opened my eyes and found myself in the black space. No corners or walls. Suddenly , Father appears in front of me from nowhere."This is an honor among Daemos! You should be thankful to be chosen!"I freaked out and walked backwards.

Just then , I bumped into someone. I turned my head and the shadow behind me. She's looking at me , emotionless."Y-You..."I tried to grab her but she suddenly turned into the terribly looking monster years ago. I start running from it but it just start chasing me."It's all your fault! If it wasn't you , I would be alive by now! Now , you shall suffer more than me!"she yelled. I kept on running until I fell into a black pit....without an end......

Someone
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Help

Yue's POV

After checking on Pierce , I slept right next to Mirage the spirit. For some reason, I just can't sleep like there's something that I haven't done. I rolled away and found my best position to sleep. Right I was going to close my eyes , someone suddenly whacked the door which makes Mirage freaked out by screaming in my ear.

"Ugh! Who's-""Yue! Something's happening to Asch!""What now?"I turned my back to Rhys."He's trapped in his nightmare! We can't wake him up!""Then , why you call me up? You know what time it is.""Since you know how to use sound magic? You might have the ability to wake him up." I looked at him full of sus. "Please.""Fine , just until he woke up."

After I got pushed into Asch's room , I walked next to his bed , found him struggling in his nightmare. The mattress was crinkled by him , his forehead was covered with sweat. This scene was just so familiar to me. After I lost the horn , nightmares are my beauty dreams. But before I lost it?.....My Daemos mother will sing a lullaby to me every single nightmare of mine.

I sighed and walked next to Asch. Like what my mother will do , I lifted up Asch's sweaty head and put it on my lap , touching his black hair. I sighed and hummed the lullaby that my Daemos mother sang to me.

Song : Right Here in My Arms

Sun goes down
And we're here together
Fireflies Glow like a thousand charms
Stay with me
And you can dream forever
Right here in my arms tonight
Sounds of day
Fade away
Stars begin to climb
Melodies
Fill the breeze
Sweeter all the time
Sun goes down
And we are here together
Fireflies
Glow like a thousand charms
Stay with me
And you can dream
Forever
Right here in my arms tonight

As I stopped singing , I opened my eyes and found Asch was completely relaxed. It actually work! That surprised me.I touched his cheek with the back of my hand , found his cheek was so smooth. The thought about the painting in the secret room came into my head , especially the thought about the strong aura in his room.

"What are you doing?!"As I snapped out of my mind from a voice , I turned my head and found Asch's eyes open. "Oh , you're awake. Well , it's my time to sleeee-"I squealed when Asch suddenly pulled me into his arms , letting me sitting between his legs."Who just came in my room?" "Eh....I'm the only one who came into your room till now."He suddenly hugged me tighter and hid his head among my messy hair.

"Y-You sang....It's just so amazing."My face suddenly got heated up and somehow got under some sort of control , my hands put on his cold hands."Y-Yay...""Can you stay?""Huh?" "Stay...just in case."I laughed , so cold , cold that might freeze his heart. "Princey , your guards might be worried about-"Before I can finish , he pressed against my forehead and pushed me on his bed.

"This is an order."He demanded while leaned right next to me , playing my hair by curling them.My lips bent and turned my back to Asch , trying to gain some energy.His hands snaked around my waist and whispered something into my ear , which makes me heated up like hell.

"Thanks.....Princess..."