Chapter 34 : Monkey Boy

Yue's POV

Even though I hate this place...

It's still home anyways

How long didn't I smell this scent of mixed blood and herbs?

I thought while a small hit by the back of my head angered me. I turned and found Leif looking at me confusingly. I stayed calm and continued walking behind Asch.

Once again , a hit by the head. I turned and found Leif again. "I request you to stop it , Leif.""What in the world did I do?""You know it , clearer than ever." I said and walk with my arms crossed.

After walking for a while , another hit by the head. "Alright , that's it! You had reached my bottom line , Leif!" I yelled and grabbed Leif by the collar. "What did you do , Leif? Don't you know how rush by now before anyone found Ava as a human?" "I-I didn't do anything! She just start glaring at me for no reason! And then this happen!" "If isn't you who did that , who could be the one who threw rocks by the head?!" I said while forming flames around.

"Calm down , there must be someone who behind-" Rhys was interrupted by a voice of giggle. I looked up and found a figure on the branch of the conifer tree while throwing stones up and down from its grip.

"So it's you!" I yelled and ran after the figure when it started to jump by branch to branch. "Yue! Get back here , you moron!"yelled Asch. I ignored him and ran after the critter.

I ran after the critter , not forgetting to watch ny steps."Midnight! Give me a boost!" I hopped onto Midnight's back , commanding him to lift me onto the branches. As he did , I hopped one by one , close to the critter who has a hood covering his head.

"You can't run far , young man!"  I yelled as I threw a dark magic orb towards the branch his stepping on , which makes the branch break and him fall down.

But he's fast enough to attach his back onto the trunk and continued running. "Ugh he- Woah!" Right I was complaining about him not falling into my trap , I missed the next branch and fell down from the 380 feet tall tree.

I fell onto a quite thick branch and found the Daemos had gone nowhere. "Ugh! That monkey boy! I'm sure to cook him up! *sigh* Now how am I suppose to..."I hummed while trying to stand upright on the branch.

"Yue! I know you might not listen to me. But...don't move."adviced Rhys. "Why should I? I'm standing like a normal Demon-" Right I was being the old stubborn me , a slip from the slimy moss caused my ankle to twist a bit..or maybe more , make me fall from the branch.

My feet was somehow tied a knot with a vine. But with its help , I didn't break my bones.I opened my eyes and found Asch looking at me furiously. All that I can do was to smile awkwardly.

"Leif , phase up there.""Got it." "Wait , what in the world are you talk-Ah!!" Right I was being confused , Leif had somehow got up the branch and cut off the vine. Asch caught me in time in his arms , carrying me in bridal style right now.

"Uh....You can let me go , you know? I got pair of legs," I said while hopped off from Asch's arms , but a strong pain flowed up from my ankle to my brain , I looked and realised that I twist my ankle , "Ah...""Are you sure by now? Hold still as I command."

Asch said while lifted me up in bridal style and continued walking. I can't do anything but leaned my head on his chest and feeling his heartbeat. My face gone a bit flustered by the Prince's quite nice looking face along the way until we reached a nearby pond to take a break while the Daemos discuss about the plan to save Ava.

While resting my twisted ankle in the cool water , I had this feeling of someone spying on us. So , I called my loyal spirit, to give this Daemos a welcome gift....

"Hey. Ready to go?" "Yeah , just give me a second." I answered Asch while trying to stand up. "Heh , I finally saw you being weak now." He said in a teasing tone and lifted me up from the ground.

"It sounds like I have been acting stubborn on the first day when we met." "Maybe you did." I puffed up my cheeks , looking at him. He just giggled and continued walking until a scream of a male Daemos echoed in the woods.

"Master , I got him!""Ah ha! He's dead for sure-" , I looked at Asch who's looked at me with a face written the sentence 'You're serious.' , "Excuse me , I got some business to do."I said as I hopped onto Midnight's back with a backflip.

"Now...Now...what do we have here? The monkey boy in the woods." I teased the Daemos who's trying to get out from the trap that was set by Midnight. "A-Ah! A Dargon!" "Yes , I'm here to peel off your skin for that damn prank!" I said evilly until Asch and the others came in time before I command Midnight to cook him into cooked meat.

"Yue , that's enough." "Ain't of your concern , Prince of Annoyness." "Excuse me?" He asked , in his daily prince tone. "Yes. I said something wrong?""I believe you had live for a very long moment already." "I did have a long lifetime. But I have decide to-" Right I argued back , I felt a dizzy feeling and collapsed onto the ground....

The last thing I heard....

"Pierce! Leif! Get that monkey boy!.... Yue! Yue! Wake......."

And I fainted in darkness......

That monkey boy was confirmed to be added into my menu for dinner.

There's this funny thought....

Why am I being all nice to Asch for a damn sudden?!