Flashbacks - Ch. 6

So, I lied. I'm not going back to bed, I have no motivation to. I'll probably live off of the many monsters that have been collecting in my mini fridge. Speaking of; I reach under my desk, and open the fridge slowly. The stupid thing is super squeaky when I open it; and I don't wanna wake someone up. The walls are pretty thin. 

After carefully grabbing the monster, I closed it just as slowly as I'd opened it. I leaned back on my computer chair, and looked at the time once more to be reminded that I had school in less than two hours. Fuck. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing. I took a sip of the sugary drink. It was flavored like citrus and peaches.  Might as well get dressed early; it's not like I'm gonna even communicate with anyone until the other students wake up. 

I got up quickly, careful not to make any sound. I snatched my uniform from my closet; it was one I hadn't worn yet since my regular one was in the school's newly installed laundromat. I slid my arms through the sleeves of the jacket; not bothering to actually put on another white tee. I looked down and slid each of my legs through the uniform bottoms; being reminded of how ugly they were. At least to me, they were. At least they aren't Khaki and Navy Blue like American schools, those are.. ugh, I don't want to think about it. My friend Lea lives there, says it's hell. I'd rather not.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and as I did, I looked in the mirror. I wanted to punch it, God, I hated what I saw in the mirror. All I saw were imperfections, all of which were judged by mom. My hair colour does not suit this uniform, and I hated my eyes. Those are the things I get the most self conscious about.   My eyes are a horrid gold colour; and nothing I wore went well with them. Except for a crop top I liked, but that just made me self-conscious about my body instead of my eyes. (Listening to 'Body' by Mother Mother rn- my playlist couldn't have shuffled better)

Mina says she liked my eyes, how they seem to reflect happiness; and how bright they looked all the time. I'm glad she sees them that way. I'm just happy that no one sees me the way I do; all I ever see is someone undeserving, someone stupid and helpless. Well, maybe they see me as the stupid part, but that's besides the point. 

I finally walked out of the bathroom after what felt like 25 minutes of staring at myself and feeling pity. I looked over at my phone on my desk, which had lit up suddenly. I made no hurry going to it to see what had caused the notification. 

It was a message from Sero, oddly enough. He'd gone to sleep a while ago, and he isn't normally up this early. 

Sero: Hey, still up huh? 

You: Yeh. Couldn't sleep, so I just got ready anyways. What's up? 

Sero: You wanna just hang until everyone else gets up? I did the same. 

You: Sure, I AM next door y'know. 

Sero: yeah, yeah

It wasn't long before I heard the knob on my door click, and open. I had moved to my bed now, and was scrolling through Snapchat reels. 

"Hey, what's up?" I look up from my phone to greet him. 

"Again, couldn't sleep, like you. Kind of heard you mumbling to yourself." 

"O-oh, did you? Oops." 

"Something bout Minecraft, not sure. Anyway, did you hear about Mineta getting expelled?" he looked semi-concerned. 

"What? No way. Just because the girls don't like him doesn't mean he shouldn't be suspended." I was kind of surprised, but not at the same time. He probably went a little far.