Chapter 3: A Gift

Kokichi grabbed the ends of her sleeves and mumbled "Yeah, it was a stupid idea.""Wait Kokichi-" said Shucihi, but Kokichi had already retreated herself into the dressing rooms. "What the actual hell?" asked Shuichi, looking over at Sonosuke. "Why did you say that?" asked Shuichi and Sonosuke flinched from basically growling at him. "Look- She's my girlfriend, and really...." said Sonosuke, trailing off at the end and Shuichi frowned and crossed his arms. "So that gives you the right to dictate her?" asked Shuichi, raising an eyebrow and Sonosuke shook his head. "No, of course not!" exclaimes Sonosuke. "It's just that the last time she tried to express herself, she was shut down and bullied for months on end." explained Sonosuke and Shucihi frowned. "Well she's not going to your school anymore and mind. And whatever is going on in your school isn't happening where I head to." said Shuichi. "U-um.... You guys can now stop." said Kokichi, putting a hand at the doorway watching the two males be at each other.

"Ah, Chichi, you're back." said Sonosuke and Kokichi did a small nod. "We just finished shopping, so we can go out and do something else at the mall." said Sonosuke. "We can go to the food court if you're hungry." he suggested and Kokichi shook her head. "No, I think I want to lay down for a moment." said Kokichi. "Can we go home...?" asked Kokichi and Sonosuke nodded. "Shuichi, are you coming?" asked Kokichi, when they were near the exit of the clothing store.

"No, it's okay. You guys can go ahead, I'll go call a cab." said Shuichi, which was a half truth since you can't force Shuichi into a car even if you tried. But Shuichi felt like he wanted to take a breather away from Sonosuke. "Oh.... Okay." said Kokichi, sounding a bit disappointed. "Are you sure?" asked Sonosuke and Shuichi nodded. "Yeah, I actually have an errand to do so you know..... I'll be pretty busy for a little bit and I don't want to hold you guys back." said Shuichi and Sonosuke nodded before signaling Kokichi to follow him and Kokichi did just that.

When they were out of Shuichi's field of vision, he went back into the dressing room and noticed that the clothing that Kokichi was wearing was neatly folded in the corner. He picked it up and looked at it as if he were deep in thought. "Well I guess I can use this to my advantage." said Shuichi, looking at the shirt size.

. . . . . .

"Ah, Shuichi hello." said a voice when Shuichi put his shoes on the rack. "Ah, Mr. Ouma." said Shuichi, walking over to the kitchen in which Nagito was making some curry. "Haha, I really sometimes forget that trash like me has a family. Even though it brings me so much hope." said Nagito and Shuichi raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that bad? That you forget that you have a family?" asked Shuichi and Nagito. "I don't think I'm deserving of one really." said Nagito and Shuichi sighed. He could kinda see a resemblance between Kokichi and her father, they both seemed to be easily pushed around.

"You really doubt yourself, don't you." said Shucihi and Nagito nodded."My husband says that I should stop doing, and I can't blame him. It would be kinda annoying to take care of someone who constantly insults themself." said Nagito, scratching his head. "So... What did you want to talk about?" asked Nagito as he placed the lid on top of the pan. "Well I was wondering if you accept change within other people. Either that be their gender or something else." said Shuichi and Nagito simply smiled and said "Well of course. Even if most of the people here don't respect you for who you are. There will always be some sort of support beam."

Nagito then let out a sigh. "It's just that some people won't be as accepting as others since they can't handle the change. I remember what it was like when we first adopted Rantaro and Kokichi from the orphanage." said Nagito and Shucihi raised an eyebrow. "Is there something wrong with adopting children from orphanages?" asked Shuichi and Nagito shook his head. "No, I support adopting children from them, yet the owner of the orphanage can deny it." said Nagito.