Chapter 8: A Call with a Brother who loves Vibe checks

Kokichi woke up to realize that she no longer had any night terrors for the rest of the night, but when she tried to get up, she realized that there was a hand on top of her which caused her to fall back onto the cushioning of the bed underneath her. She noticed how she was in a spooning position and that someone was hugging her from the back. Kokichi turned her head to be face to face with a sleeping Shuichi and she internally panicked on how close their faces were now, in which she opted to go ahead and turn around to avoid being in his personal space as much as possible. She then carefully shimmied herself out of Shuichi's grasp and then went to grab her phone from the desk. It was 10 am, she didn't bother to really wake Shuichi since he really needed his sleep, of course Kokichi decided to just and wait for Shuichi to get up so that they could go eat. Since she didn't feel comfortable getting out of the apartment without her being near the raven-haired male. She tied her hair up into a ponytail before going back to her room to go and grab her charger to charge her phone since she wasn't able to do it last night.

Kokichi then went over to the bathroom and realized a bit too late that they didn't bring her toothbrush so she just decided to dig through the cabinets in search of a toothbrush and grabbed a cup to hold the water. After getting a black colored one in which she realized that Shuichi's whole aesthetic just consisted of black, white and an occasional blue. Hell even his toothpaste had the aesthetic, talk about being emo. She then finally decided to look at the mirror in which she was met with gold and purple eyes. Oh god. She started freaking out as she splashed water on her face to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She might've put them away on Shuichi's desk while she was searching for her home. And she wasn't sure if Shuichi was too tired to notice that her eyes were 2 different colors. Oh Atua, they were in Shuichi's room right now and the creaking of a door signalled to Kokichi that the owner of the apartment was currently awake. "Kokichi?" called out the voice and she froze in place. "Uh.... yeah?" called Kokichi and when Shuichi turned the corner to see that the bathroom had it's lights opened and that there was part of Kokichi poking, but she wasn't facing her. "Are you okay Kokichi?" asked Shuichi and Kokichi nodded. "Well you can turn this way unless you're doing something right now." said Shuichi. "Uh, Shuichi did you perhaps found any contacts on your desk?" asked Kokichi and Shuichi raised an eyebrow.

"Contacts? I didn't know that you needed help with your eyesight." said Shuichi and Kokichi appeared in front of Shuichi with a hand covering her face. "Kokichi... Did you get water in your eyes or something?" shuichi asked, confused. "Uh, w-well the contacts are more of a-an appearance thing." said Kokichi, Shuichi frowned and crossed his arms, in which he continued with "Is it something that you're ashamed of?" "Uh..." said Kokichi with her voice trailing off a bit. "I don't really know actually...." said Kokichi, and Shucihi raised an eyebrow. "Is this another Sonosuke thing?" asked Shuichi and he noticed how Kokichi tensed a bit, ah, so that might be a reason. "Well I'll go and grab them then." said Shuichi and Kokichi heard his footsteps walk off.

She then felt Shuichi's presence near her and he said "Okay I have them." Kokichi then grabbed at the air in front of her, keeping a hand over her eyes and Shuichi said "C'mon, get your hand off your face, you'll end up tripping. Don't worry I won't judge you. Besides we made a pinky promise for you to be more confident in yourself.""T-that was added last minute." stuttered Kokichi and Shuichi hummed as a response. Kokichi sighed and said "Just... Don't run away please.""You have my word." said Shuichi. Kokichi then put her hand off her face, but her eyes were still closed. "Kokichi you won't be able to grab your contacts if your eyes are still closed." said Shuichi.

"I-I know!" exclaimed Kokichi and Shuichi said "Well open them then." Kokichi opened her eyes and she was immediately blinded by a flash of light, followed by a click and Shuichi had his phone in his hand. "I-I thought you said that you had my contacts?!" exclaimed Kokichi and Shuichi said "Yeah and I also grabbed my phone.""Can I have them then...?" pleaded Kokichi in a quiet voice and Shuichi felt his heart twist and do many jumping jacks, before he then opened his notepad and wrote down "Kokichi's contacts" and then showed that to Kokichi, followed by a "Here." He then noticed how Kokichi seemed to have puffed out her cheeks and had red on her face. "Uh- Kokichi?" asked Shuichi. "T-that's mean Saihara-kun." said Kokichi, folding her arms together.