Chapter 6: Tenko hands out Suplexes like Candy

Kokichi sleepily opened her eyes as she examined the room that she was staying in. It was a bit overwhelming since everywhere screamed luxurious, not to mention that she was sleeping in a king-sized bed. Which is a bit overdone considering her stature, but she didn't feel like complaining. It was comfortable and she was in need of some good sleep considering the events that she nearly endured through. She noticed how her phone was sitting on top drawers that were beside the bed. Even though the morning sun illuminated through the purple curtains, the lamp still brought a warm and securing feeling to Kokichi.

Kokichi struggled to make her sit up, she got up with a grunt as she reached over to her phone. Her eyes squinted and turned down the brightness, not paying much attention to her aching head. She then noticed that her notifications were blowing up with calls. Most of them were from Sonosuke, in which she ignored it since she didn't feel like talking to him after last night. The other calls were from his family. 15 calls from Nagito, 25 calls from Rantaro, and her other dad won the reward of the most family calls she got, which was 75 calls from Hajime. It nearly rivaled Sonosuke's 80 but she didn't feel like thinking about that person. She noticed how her messages were spammed, some were from her family of course and then she opened the one in which she had Sonosuke's number.

She scrolled all the way to the top and in which they ended their latest conversation before this whole thing happened. It was a week ago, which was surprising since Kokichi didn't realize that she wasn't interacting with Sonosuke that much after moving. Usually their conversation would at least have a 2 hour gap or at most 2 days of no texting. Kokichi put a hand over her head since the headache seemed to be growing through her body and she felt like everything was heating up. Before she could start scrolling and read the messages, there was the door opening up which made her drop her phone onto the bed and looking up to see Shuichi at the door.

"O-oh, I didn't think you were awake." said Shuichi, putting a hand over his mouth as if it would cover his embarrassed face and looked away. He really didn't realize how appealing it was to see the girl of his dreams in one of his shirts considering that it hung loosely on Kokichi's figure, having her exposed. God damnit, curse the power of hormones. But he definitely was going to show some self-restraint since it would be unreasonable for him to jump her. Kokichi blushed as she quickly pushed the shirt up which made it droop the other way and stuttered "A-ah yeah I woke up not too long ago."

Shuichi turned over to her, while placing a hand in front of his face to avoid him looking at the exposed part of her. "U-um...w-well I just wanted to say w-was that I have breakfast ready." said Shuichi and Kokichi nodded. "Do you want me to help you up?" asked Shuichi and Kokichi nodded. "Yeah, my head is a bit dizzy and I'm having a headache." said Kokichi and Shuichi stopped and laid Kokichi back in bed. "Here, I haven't bothered to do so yet but I should probably check if you are sick or not since you were out in the rain with barely any clothing on." said Shuichi as he pushed Kokichi's bangs up feeling her temperature.

And maybe it was Shuichi taking care of her, in which it will make Kokichi feel like butter since, even if she doesn't want to admit it, she enjoyed being pampered by someone. She felt her face turn a little red and she swatted Shuichi's hand away from embarrassment. "A-ah, sorry I should've asked for your consent." stuttered Shuichi. God dammit it was so awkward between them.

"N-no it's okay. You had good intentions." said Kokichi. "I was just caught off guard." continued Kokichi as she played with her nails. "Yeah you should probably go take a shower and change. It should make you more comfortable and I can go and change the bedsheets for you since it's a bit wet." said Shuichi. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" exclaimed Kokichi and Shuichi shook his head. "Uh, so do you want to get your clothes?" asked Shuichi. "I don't know..." mumbled Kokichi as she pulled the loose side of the shirt up to cover her shoulder, in which Shuichi silently cursed to himself.