.04

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

It was five hours before the family had to leave and make the drive to Matteo Salvatore's estate. They were all huddled in Patrizio and Luciana's home, discussing why Europe's notorious mafia boss would want to have dinner with them. It was by far the most bizarre request they have ever had. The second strangest was having the towns mayor have them for dinner to try and buyout the family business to put in a law office when really he wanted it to start a brothel. He was soon removed from office after her father reported his antics.

"Did he say why he wanted us over for dinner?" Edmundo asked his father. "You aren't a drug smuggler for him are you?"

"Watch your mouth before you ever ask me something like that ever again," Patrizio shot his son down.

"It is a bit strange though, don't you think?" Laura asks.

"Really strange," their father agrees.

"And we can't get out of it?" Giorgio asks.

"We can't," Patrizio explains. "He's having his personal drivers pick us up. And he said that he won't take no for an answer."

"But we can refuse to get into the cars, can't we?" Andrea asks.

"Andrea," her father sighs. "I don't think that will be an option either. This man has ruined cities and burned them to the ground for not working under him. I don't want to risk any of you getting hurt. We have to do this."

They all unfortunately agree with him. It wasn't worth the wrath this man could give their family for not going to this dinner. They had a lot to lose. They weren't going to let everything they worked for be taken from them in a blink of an eye.

Everyone went back to their homes to get ready for the inevitable.

Andrea was far more nervous than she thought she would be by the attachment she made with her toilet for the next hour and half. It left her stomach in knots and her hormones to fly all over the place. The thought of this man hurting her family in any way made her literally sick to her stomach. But she knew that no one, not even this man was going to lay a finger on her family.

Two and a half hours later, Andrea mustered up the courage to part ways with the toilet to get dressed in a short silk black dress with spaghetti straps. She curled her hair and pinned it to the side and applied a light layer of makeup. She then put on her mothers passed down pearl necklace and earrings and slipped on her heels before heading over to her parents to wait to be picked up.

All the adults waited in Patrizio and Luciana's house. They were all silent, dreading the arrival. The children were all being watched by teenage babysitters who they all trusted through family friends. They didn't want the kids to be associated with this arrangement. The kids were to remain safe and out of potential harms way.

Ten minutes later a car horn sounds off. They walked out of the house with their hearts in their throats. For all they knew, this was their execution.

They all pile into two separate black SUV's.

Andrea could feel her stomach tightening. She grips her grandfathers hand in the back seat as she sat between him and her grandmother.

"We'll be okay," he reassured her.

"Yes, don't worry, tesoro," her grandmother, Isabella kisses her temple. "We won't let anything happen to this family."

It was a dreaded hour drive. No one uttered a single word. Andrea would look behind her to make sure the rest of her family was right behind them. It reassured her to know that they weren't going to take them somewhere else and execute them in the middle of nowhere. Because if they were going to die, they would die together.