.05

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

The words, "I can marry your daughter," sounded through the dining room like an endless loop. It continued on inside Andrea's head. One of her many worst nightmares were coming true. The first being, she poops while giving birth to her child in front of her family and midwife. But this, this was her top ten fears to come true.

Her fathers loud laughing shook her out of her paralysis.

"You're joking," her father wipes at his eyes in mock.

"I'm not," Matteo persists. "I am actually being very serious."

Patrizio leans forward, placing his elbows on the edge of the table with a calculated stare. "You, Matteo Salvatore, Europe's most notorious don wants to marry my daughter who happens to be pregnant with another man's child? That is very hard to believe."

"What's so hard to believe? I'm willing to solve at least one of your problems. I'll marry your daughter and you won't have to carry the shame your daughter brought to the family," Matteo calmly explains, feeling the intense gaze of Andrea whose eyes were starring with lethal daggers towards his choice of words.

When there wasn't a follow up response that Andrea expected from her father, it dawns on her that her father was actually contemplating it.

As everyone starred at Patrizio, her mother finally speaks up, shocked herself that her husband was acting this way. Especially after all the help Andrea has done for him and he turns her back on her over this revelation. 

"Come on, Patrizio, you're not actually considering this man's proposal are you?" Luciana looks towards him with disbelief. "Andrea made a mistake. You can't hold that against her. We've all been there."

Patrizio ignores his wife's statement, still contemplating the proposal.

"So, you're telling me, that you'll marry my daughter just because you want to help me?"

Matteo shrugs, pouring himself another glass of whiskey. "I mean, what sounds better, your daughter having a baby out of wedlock? Or your daughter getting married and expecting a baby the right way?"

Andrea continues to look at her father in complete disbelief. Instead of sorrow, rage filled her entire body. She abruptly pushes her chair out behind her, pointing a ridicule finger at her father.

"Shame on you," she spits. "For pawning me off like I am some cheap piece of furniture you can't get rid of. You're ashamed of me?" She scoffs. "You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking you have the right to sell me off. And because of that Satan saved a special spot for you in Hell."

Andrea walks off, fuming towards the front door. She steps out to meet the drivers who were waiting by the cars.

"Miss Capaldi," the driver strides up to her. "Why aren't you inside?"

"Take me home," she demands.

"I don't think-"

Andrea grabs him by the balls, twisting with her wrist. The man's face contorts into pain.

"I didn't ask now did I?" She seethes through her gritted teeth. 

"No, ma'am," he trembles. "Right away."

Andrea lets go and he finally exhaled out in relief, rushing to grab her door and helping her inside.

The driver got into the drivers side when her brothers Edmundo and Giorgio come running out, calling her name as her driver speeds down the driveway.

By the time Andrea was dropped off, she went inside her house and packed an overnight bag. As she steps out her front door, two SUV's pulls up. Her father was the first to lunge out of the moving vehicle.