𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Bala Hatun looked around to see Selcan Hatun walking into her tent. Selcan sat near the woman and stroked her face. 'Kizim, have you woken up? How is the baby?' She said as she touched Bala's swollen stomach. 'I have woken up, and the baby won't stop moving.' Selcan laughed and helped Bala get up. She got her changed, and didn't tie her belt.

'Ana, my stomach is larger than usual pregnant woman. Why is that?' 'Kizim, the baby must be larger than normal, but I tell you so many times, to go get checked up.' 'Selcan Ana, I told you, I'm ok. When the baby is born, then we can check up.' 'Ahhh, kizim, you never surrender do you?' Bala smiled and shook her head.

Bala waddled out of her tent, and left Selcan to clean her room, which she didn't want her to but, but her mother persuaded her to go. As soon as she stepped out, Aygul Hatun ran up to her and grabbed her arm. 'Selam, Aygul Baci. Let's go to the kilimhane.' 'Lakin, Bala Hatun, Osman Bey forbade us to let you do any work.' 'I can't not do any work, Aygul. I must help the women of our tribe.' Aygul smiled, then led her sister to the rug shop. 

The Hatuns all stood up at her arrival, and Targun smiled happily at her. Targun had become Bala's best friend, even though they had some history. She had also become Muslim thanks to Bala and had fallen in love with Gence Bey. He seemed to share the feelings, so they were to marry the day Bala gave birth. 

Bala carefully sat down, as one of the hatuns brought her ayran. 'Sagul, Mahpeykar Hatun.' 'Afiyet Olsun.' Bala looked around the kilimhane as Mahpeykar brought some rugs for her to look at. 'Mashallah, these are so beautiful. Bak, Targun'im, once you marry our Gence Bey, we will teach you how to create these rugs.' Targun blushed, and looked through the rugs with Bala. 

Osman Bey had left from the tribe at Fajr time to go to Sogut. He had to be careful not to wake Bala, and he kissed the top of her head. At Sogut, he had sold some of his rugs, and bought armour for his alps. He had recently become the Bey, so he needed to reassure his people about his fathers death.

Bala felt a sharp pain in her stomach, and stood up shakily. Targun, Aygul, Gonca and Mahpeykar  stood up with her, holding her arms. 'Bala....?' She walked around, feeling faint, when she almost tripped over the rugs. Selcan caught her, and she fell into blackness.

Selcan dipped a cloth into cold water, and dabbed it over Bala's forehead. The midwife checked over Bala, smiling very happily. 'Selcan Hatun, Bala Hatun will give birth today. And when she does, you'll all be very surprised.' Selcan smiled at the first news, but frowned at the second. 'What do you mean, we will be surprised?' 'I can't say, as I know Bala Hatun would want to find out right at the end.' 'Eyvallah, just as it's not bad.'

An alp walked up to Osman Bey as he was sent by Selcan Hatun. 'Osman Bey, Selcan Hatun calls you back to the tribe, as Bala Hatun will be giving birth shortly.' Osman looked up and smiled. 'Haydi, Boran'im, Goktug'm, Gence Bey, your niece or nephew will be born today, and it's your wedding day too then, Gence.' Gence blushed as Goktug spoke up. 'If we have a nephew, may he become our alp and follow in your footsteps, Bey'im. If we have a niece, may she be as merciful as Bala Hatun, and be strong like you.' 'They shall grow up with mine and Gonca's child, Konur.' 'Eyvallah, Goktug, Boran. Let's go back to the tribe now, and wait.'

The drums beat, waking Bala up. 'Osman....' she whispered, as he rushed into their room. 'Bala'm.' He sat next to her, and stroked her stomach. Selcan Hatun walked in, and ushered Osman out. Bala felt a pain, and that's when she knew, it was happening. 'Se-selcan a-na, I-i             th-ink I-it's happ-happening.' Selcan called in the hatunlar and they moved her to the birthing chair. 

Osman Bey was informed and he sat on the floor with Goktug and Boran. They each held an arm, as Osman was very excited.

Bala sat on the chair and was told to push. She did so which resulted in extreme pain, but she continued. After about an hour, the midwife brought out a baby from underneath her blanket. Bala smiled and the Hatuns cooed over the baby. The midwife checked it over, and proudly said, 'It's a boy!' Bala laughed, but felt another pain. Her stomach was still big, and she wondered why. The midwife noticed this, and she explained. 'Bala Hatun, you are going to have twins.' Selcan laughed, and held Bala's hand. 'Bala, you will have two children for my Osman.'