2

[No one's POV]

"So... How long have you been working here?" Chaeyoung asked while walking beside Mina with his hands tucked into his pants pocket.

"About 2 months." Mina replied back.

"Why do you need to work? Are you short of money?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Not only me. It's me and my mother. I'm working to help her with relieve some of the financial problems." Mina said.

"What happen?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina hesitated.

She was debating whether should she say it or not and Chaeyoung notice her silence.

"It's okay if you don't want to say it. I'm not forcing you to say it." Chaeyoung said then the two continue to walk in silence.

"Actually..." Mina broke the silence and Chaeyoung look at her.

"It was my father. My mum told me that my father likes to gamble and he even put my mum's name as his guarantor when he loan money from the loan sharks. But very soon he lose all of the money and he wasn't able to pay up so he left us. I was still young that time so my mum have to support me and herself. She left no choice but to head back to find my grandparents and told them what happen. And when I grow up, my mum would tell me to talk to strangers because if the person I'm talking to was the loan sharks then they will start harassing us. We escaped to Korea because my mum said that she saw one of the loan sharks near our neighborhood in Japan. Even when my grandfather passed on, we are unable to return back to see him the last time." Mina said and sighed while a drop of tears rolled down her cheek.

Chaeyoung saw it and tap her shoulder lightly.

"Hey, don't cry." Chaeyoung said and Mina wiped her tears.

"I just miss him a lot. He's the one that show me father love since I don't get to experience it when I was young." Mina said.

"I'm sorry that I got carried away. It just because it's my first time speaking to strangers about my family problem." Mina said while sniffling.

"Strangers? I'm a stranger to you? I thought we are friends?" Chaeyoung said and Mina sensed the sad tone in his sentence.

"Are we?" Mina asked.

"Are we not?" Chaeyoung asked back.

"If you said we are then we are friends." Mina said and Chaeyoung smiled.

"Let's have a brief introduction of ourselves. I'm Son Chaeyoung, aged 20, bad at studying, loves to draw, sing and take photos. And I met my first love when I was 8." Chaeyoung said.

"Why would you fell in love in such a young age?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung shrugged.

"I don't know either. But when I saw her, I just feel... Happy? Excited? But I know that I like her since I first met her." Chaeyoung said.

"Well me, I'm Myoui Mina and I'm 20 years old. I love to read story books and listen to music. I also love ballet but because my house is short of money, I couldn't continue my ballet lessons. I actually hate talking and interacting with other people." Mina said.

"Why do you hate talking?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina sighed.

"Many people told me that my voice is very noisy and sounds awful. Because of that, I hated my voice." Mina said.

"Don't believe them, Mina. I like your voice. It's very soft and soothing. Probably they are just jealous because they doesn't have such angelic voice like yours." Chaeyoung said and Mina blushed.

"Thanks for the compliment." Mina said while smiling shyly.

"So now we are friends. Hello, my friend!" Chaeyoung said while waving to Mina like a child, causing Mina to smile.