3

[No one's POV]

"Tutor you? What gotten into you? You like studying now?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung just shrugged.

"Finals are around the corner. I don't want to fail. I can fail the small tests and normal school exams but when it comes to the national exams, no." Chaeyoung said.

"That is the least thing I can do to at least make my mum proud." Chaeyoung added lowly and looked down.

Mina looked at him and saw how sad Chaeyoung's eyes are.

"Okay then. I will help tutor you. Then let's start today!" Mina said excitedly and Chaeyoung widened his eyes while looking at Mina.

"You know what? Let's start tomorrow." Chaeyoung said and give an awkward chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well you sound so motivated earlier and now you already turn your back?" Mina said while crossing her arms and raising one eyebrow.

"At least give me one last free day. I will be a study freak from tomorrow onwards." Chaeyoung said, hoping Mina would agree but she shook her head which made Chaeyoung grunt.

"No, if you want to do well for the finals, you have to start now. Like you said, it's not any small exams or tests anymore. Studying one day later means you have lesser time to revise. So I suggest we start today. After school, we will meet at the library." Mina said and quickly went off to her class, not giving Chaeyoung any chance to retort.

Chaeyoung can only sighed in frustration and slouched his back while walking slowly to his class.

After school

Chaeyoung was waiting at the library while looking through his revision books, finding for questions that he can ask Mina.

Not long later, Mina arrived hurriedly and apologized to Chaeyoung for making him wait.

"It's okay. At least I got some time to look for questions I can ask you." Chaeyoung said and Mina settled down.

"Let me drink some water first." Mina said and took out her bottle.

She drank one big mouthful of water and closed the cap.

"So what questions do you wan to ask me?" Mina asked while twisting the cap.

Chaeyoung pass her the book with the questions he don't know highlighted.

Mina looked through the questions and very soon, her mind already come up with a solution.

Mina start to explain to Chaeyoung using the most easiest way as she know that Chaeyoung couldn't understand if she explain it with the difficult terms.

Through this tutor session, Mina find out that Chaeyoung is actually quite smart when comes to studying.

Mina can just only explain to him what does the question exactly means and just tell him the first few steps to solve the question and he will be able to solve the whole question.

"So is this solution and answer correct?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina leaned closer to look at the book.

Mina then nodded her head and slightly smiled.

She look up at Chaeyoung and saw Chaeyoung looking back at her.

Their faces are only inches apart and this close contact makes Mina blush furiously.

She quickly sit back at her own seat and looked away from Chaeyoung.

"You're quite smart. I don't get why you hate studying." Mina mumbled and Chaeyoung heard it since the library is very quiet. (I mean since when the library is not quiet? Dumb author 🤦‍♀️)