5

[No one's POV]

Chaeyoung was panicking when he saw Mina's mum.

Moreover, her mum was staring at him like he's a creeper trying to do something bad to her daughter.

Her mum examined Chaeyoung from head to toe and cleared her throat.

"Who are you?" Mina's mum asked and Chaeyoung rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm Son Chaeyoung, Mina's schoolmate and friend. Sorry to disturb at this time." Chaeyoung said.

Mina saw her mum still looking at Chaeyoung seems like scanning him and the current atmosphere is way too awkward.

Mina den decided to break this awkwardness by saying,

"Erm... It's getting late. You should go home now, Chaeyoung." Mina said and Mina gave him an eye, indicating for him to leave now.

Chaeyoung get it and nodded.

"Yeah, I should go home now. Good bye and have a good night, auntie and Mina." Chaeyoung said and was about to leave when Mina's mum suddenly stopped him.

Chaeyoung and Mina cursed and prayed in their mind that her mum will not be saying anything harsh.

Chaeyoung hesitated but still turn around slowly to face Mina's mum.

"Yes, auntie?" Chaeyoung asked.

"You're not going to come in and grab a tea?" Mina's mum asked while smiling.

Chaeyoung and Mina was shocked at her response.

"Mum? Are you okay?" Mina asked to confirm if her mum was in her right condition.

Mina even put her palm on her mum's forehead to check if she's having fever.

"Or did you injured yourself anywhere?" Mina asked while looking up and down her body.

"Stop fooling around. I'm serious. It's the first time you brought a friend back home." Mina's mum said and Chaeyoung smiled.

"I would love to." Chaeyoung said and Mina glared at him.

Mina's mum then went inside to the kitchen to prepare some drinks for Chaeyoung while Chaeyoung making funny faces to tease Mina.

"Seems like your mum likes me." Chaeyoung said and went in.

Mina then closed the door and went to her room first to change off the waitress uniform.

Chaeyoung sit at the couch in the living room while looking around the interior of the house.

Chaeyoung's mum came back with a cup of tea for Chaeyoung.

"Thank you, auntie." Chaeyoung said and her mum sit next to a chair beside the couch Chaeyoung was sitting at.

"How did you know my daughter?" Mina's mum asked.

"Well actually, I heard someone screaming at the hallway when I was in my classroom. And I actually didn't want to bother. Until an investigator I hired to find out about my father told me that my father actually left me and my mum for a woman that have already given birth to his child and was much richer than us. I got extremely angry and wanted to release my anger. Then I went out to see students bullying Mina. I then went up to help her and slowly, we become friends." Chaeyoung said.

"Does she get bullied a lot in school?" Mina's mum asked.

"Not really. But auntie, don't you worry, now with me, I will make sure that no one bully her again." Chaeyoung said.