11

[Chaeyoung's POV]

After the proposal, my mum and auntie are way too excited that they helped us plan the date for the wedding.

But Mina and I cannot stay at the house we rented because the landlord told us that he's going to renovate his house and let his elder son stay with his wife.

We then moved back to our own houses but mum and auntie urged Mina and I to find an apartment as our own house.

Mina and I went to multiple houses to look but none of it was what we wanted.

And finally, we found a house that we both like and bought it so now the house is undergoing renovation.

This morning, I woke up to my mum shouting and a door slam.

I went out to check what is going on and saw my mum sitting at the couch with the loud knocks coming from outside.

I went to my mum and patted her shoulder.

"Mum... What happen?" I asked and I heard someone shouting to open the door.

I stood up and was about to go open the door but my mum shouted.

"Don't you dare open the door!" Mum shouted and I stopped on my tracks.

I turned to my mum and saw her stomping back to her room before slamming the door shut.

I went to the peephole and look through.

I then saw a guy who was about his late 40s turning 50s soon.

I didn't know who was he so I just left him banging outside the house.

Not long later, I heard that there are no more knocks.

I leaned my ear on the door and heard nothing outside.

I looked through the hole and he's already gone.

I decided shrugged it off and went to the kitchen.

I saw the breakfast already prepared so I went to my mum's room.

I knocked on her door and called her.

"Are you coming out to eat breakfast?" I asked and there seems to be no response from her so I opened the door slowly and peeked in.

"Mum?" I called again before entering her room.

I then saw my mum sitting down on her bed while staring into daze.

I went to sit down beside her and suddenly, she sighed.

"He's back son." Mum said and I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Who? The guy earlier?" I asked and mum ignored me.

She stood up and asked me to join her for breakfast before exiting her room.

'Who exactly is this guy?' I thought and went out as well.

I went to the kitchen and saw mum eating as if nothing happened earlier.

I wanted to ask mum who was the guy earlier but remembering how she reacted when I was about to open the door earlier, I swallowed the words back down.

After I finished my breakfast, I received message from my Mrs. Son.

Mina Baby 😘: Don't forget that we have to take our wedding pictures later. Don't eat too much, I'm scared the suits will not fit you. 😂

Me: BABY! How can you say that about me? You hurt my heart... 🥺💔

Mina Baby 😘: I'm stating the fact. 🙄😒