Remembering the Past (Deuce x Vermillion)

Knock knock knock

Vermillion groaned as she heard the knocking. She slid out of bed and made her way downstairs. Her eyes landed on the person on the other side. Confusion overtook her. "Deuce? What are you doing here? Do you have any idea how la..... What happened?"

Deuce had been crying, Vermillion noticed as she eyed him with a clear expression of concern. Even now, his eyes still formed those tears. Vermillion couldn't stand it.

Deuce was now sitting on the couch in the Lunalupus dorm lounge while some tea was being prepared for him. He was just staring at the floor. A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "So, what happened to you? Was it Ace?"

Deuce shook his head and took the cup of tea that was given to him. Vermillion was waiting patiently. Deuce inhaled before confiding in her. "I had a nightmare about my past."

Vermillion hummed thoughtfully and took a sip of her tea. Deuce took a sip before continuing. "I dreamt that I had gone back to my old ways before Night Raven College and my mother was scared for me. It was terrible. I didn't change, no one wanted to be near me, but the worst part was that you hated me for it. We ended up fighting and you... you knocked me out cold and we never spoke again after I recovered..."

Vermillion shrugged. "I've done worse."

"What's worse than being a delinquent?"

"Committing murder? More than twice?"

Deuce spat out his tea and turned to her with a shocked look. Her eyes weren't playing tricks on him. She was dead serious. Deuce sputtered a bit before finding the words. "You actually did that?"

Vermillion took a sip of tea. "Mhm. Sure did. Not my fault those people were abusive."

Noticing the confused look on Deuce's face, Vermillion sighed. "Look, when you're as protective as I am, you go to extremes for the people you care for. In this case, my cousin and other victims of abuse. I sure hope Neige doesn't screw up because I wouldn't not like to turn him into decor for the dorm."

Deuce seemed extremely nervous. "Mhm. Sounds like a nightmare."

Vermillion chuckled. Deuce turned to her with confusion. "What? Did I say something?"

Vermillion stood up, placed her tea on the table, and trotted over, plopping down on the sofa next to him. "I am interested in what you said about the nightmare. You said the worst part was me hating you. Tell me, Deuce, what is your opinion of me?"

Deuce's teal eyes met Vermillion's emerald eyes as he tried to think of an answer.

'Should I say it? But what if she doesn't feel the same? What if she doesn't understand? So many things could go wrong! Why am I so inexperienced in love?'

"I love you?" Deuce said nervously. Vermillion only hummed in response to this.

'Crap! She only hummed! Is she mulling it over? Did she even understand? Oh, I wish I knew what you were thinking Vermillion!'

'Then why not ask me Deuce?'

Deuce shrieked out loud as he turned to the source. Vermillion smirked at him. "I love you too by the way."

Deuce fainted. This was all too much for him. Even now he could hear her giggling.

Seems there was a lot that he didn't understand.