War of Hearts (Valentine's Day Special + 1K Special)

AN: Hello everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! This is a songfic. The song is War of Hearts by Ruelle. I thought long and hard about the pairing I wanted to do and I thought, I haven't made a Sebek x Vermillion fanfic. So, the pairing is Sebek and Vermillion. Enjoy! Italics is singing.

Come to me in the ni~ght hours. I will wait for you~.

Vermillion couldn't help but admire Sebek. He was loud and sometimes annoying, but he was loyal and true to himself. Just how did Vermillion fall in love with him?

And I can't sleep. Cause thoughts devou~r. Thoughts of you consume~.

Sebek didn't understand this emotion he felt around Vermillion. She may be a grandchild of Loki, but her personality and actions spoke otherwise. Why did Sebek want to hold her so bad?

Ooooh...~. Oooooh...~. Oooooooooh...~. (x2)

Vermillion didn't want to tell him. These emotions she felt for him were just leading to a small crush. No way was it possible that she had fallen in love with that guard. It wasn't possible! Her heart was playing tricks on her! ........was it?

I can't help but love~, you~. Even though I try not~, to~.

Sebek wanted answers. As much as he hated the idea, he went to Silver. Silver was surprised but told him in a straightforward manner.

"Sebek, you're in love with Vermillion."

Sebek had flushed, and no matter how many times he denied it, his mind, heart, and soul accepted the blunt truth.

He was in love with her.

I can't help but want~, you~. I know that I'd die without~, you~.

Vermillion's emotions were still warring. She was still in doubt, because how in the Nine Realms would Sebek accept HER as a partner? Her, a grandchild of Loki, as his partner? Why would he accept something like that? Vermillion clutched at her head while Grim, Ace, and Deuce decided to help her out a bit by contacting her aunt.

Stay with me~, a litt~le longer~. I will wait for you~.

Sebek was at his desk. Lilia had advised him to write letters if he found someone he loved. This was an opportunity for him to ask her about her feelings. He then saw some blue roses. Blue roses symbolized mystery and intrigue. Perfect. He would add the flowers with the letter.

Sha~dows~ creep. And want grows~ stro~nger~. Deeper than the truth~.

'My dearest,

Vermillion, you have struck a match in my heart that has set it aflame. It burns with all the love and passion I have for you. I hope you enjoy this letter and many more to come. I have spoken with a friend about my feelings and he has said that I have fallen in love with you. I do not wish to hide my feelings from you. I am in love with you Vermillion. I hope you feel the same

Yours forever,
S.Z.

PS. I hope you love the blue roses I got with it.'

Vermillion blushed deeply after reading the letter. Her aunt, who was visiting, walked over and whistled. "What do you know? My niece has a secret admirer! Wait until I tell your parents. They grow up so fast."