Insecurities (Fenris Wolf x Sirenous)

Note: This is when Sirenous was pregnant with Vermillion.

"Darling, do you think I look alright?"

Fenris Wolf internally groaned. Were pregnant women always so insecure? He nonetheless turned to his one and only. "Yes Siren, you look stunning. That's the 5th time you've asked me that."

Sirenous seemed guilty. "I apologize love. I just feel insecure about this. I mean, I know it's just the baby, but I can't help but feel so insecure."

"Well, who says you look like a fatty? Not me, that's who. Now, you have a client and you shouldn't keep them waiting."

"Ah, right! Sorry dear! I'll be on my way now!"

Fenris watched as she left. "Don't forget to eat!"

Sirenous shouted an "I won't!" back before grabbing her satchel and leaving. Now that she was gone, Fenris wanted some answers from a source.

-Timeskip-

Loki stepped through the door and eyed his son. Fenris had been pacing back and forth. Loki cleared his throat. "You called?"

Fenris stopped pacing to look at his father. "Thank you for coming. Please sit down Father."

Loki sat down in a chair and waved a hand. Fenris inhaled. "Have you ever seen a pregnant woman's behavior?"

Loki raised an eyebrow. "Yes? Is this about Sirenous?"

Fenris nodded. Well, that explained it. Loki gave it some thought. "Well, it depends on the woman. They get all sorts of moods when they're pregnant."

"Even insecure?" Fenris asked.
"Mhm. Insecurities happen sometimes." Loki said.
"So this is natural." Fenris contemplated.
"Kiddo, if Sirenous is insecure, then help her out. You swore you would." Loki said.
"Alright. Thank you Father." Fenris said.
"Make sure of one thing." Loki said.
"Mhm?" Fenris was confused.
"Make sure she grows up not being a stick in the mud." Loki said before disappearing.

Fenris sighed. Well, he got some answered questions. Now, to wait for his wife.

-Timeskip-

Fenris didn't expect Sirenous to storm into the house muttering curses. He heard a crash from the kitchen and went to go deal with the mess before Sirenous hurt herself. He walked in to see her raiding the refrigerator with a sour expression. He repaired the bowl she had so expertly destroyed before going to hug her. As soon as his arms went around her, careful not to squeeze as there was a child, Sirenous relaxed into her husband's touch. Fenris eyed her. "Bad day?"

"Mhm." Was her reply.

Fenris helped her pick out some food while helping Sirenous relax after a tough day at work.

-That night-

Fenris entered the bedroom only to find Sirenous in front of the door. "Darling, where were you?"

Fenris only smiled. "Fixed something up for next morning. Now let's go to sleep."

Sirenous narrowed her eyes but didn't question him. Chances were she wasn't going to get an answer. So, the siren just complied with his wishes and lied down on her back. Sirenous just wanted to fall asleep, but the lick to her ear surprised her. She sat up at an angle, only to find her husband curled on her legs in his wolf form with the side of his face against Sirenous's stomach. Sirenous smiled at this and then fell asleep after lying down.

-The Next Morning-

"DEAR ISTG WHY?!?!"

Fenris chuckled, knowing that Sirenous was probably surprised. "Do you like it?"

"Why did you do all this?!"

"Oh I don't know.....

....Because I love you!"