A Vision of the End

"Exe.......Ord........6..........." ordered a phantom from the shadows. I was unable to recognize the voice, plus there was so much static that I was unable to make out what he was saying. I could sense the danger, however. A searing light enveloped me, and I was sent to a planet I have never seen before. I was surrounded by dark, dense forests and there were trees as far as the eye could see. A few seconds later I saw someone with a green lightsaber, the prized weapon used by Jedi Knights. She had green skin and was wearing a black cloak.

"What's wrong with all of you?", she asked the clone troopers who were accompanying her.

"We're just doing our duty madam," replied an ARC trooper. They shot her down without mercy.

      Another flash of light, and now this time I was engulfed in complete darkness. I felt a sense of despair looming in the air. Then, the same voice I heard previously spoke out in a thin, deep tone.

"Do you choose to have war or peace?"

Suddenly, I jolted up in my bed and screamed. I screamed not only because of the sheer terror I was feeling but also that I was unable to respond to the question that was asked of me. My mother immediately rushed up to me. "What's wrong Kane?", she asked in a worried voice.

"I think I just saw the future. I saw a Jedi get murdered by her clone troopers."

"I'm sure it was just a nightmare," she said as she tried to reassure me.

"I sure hope so," I replied hesitantly.

      I got out of bed and decided to take a walk outside to clear my head. I live on the grassy planet, Lothal. I've lived here my entire life. I love it here. The grasslands stretch for hundreds if not thousands of miles. I walked through the fields of grass until I could not see my house anymore. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts for a while.

      I went through all of the thoughts about my vision that were cycling rapidly through my head; however, it was too difficult to piece everything back together. I sat with my back against the only tree I could find and tried to rest my mind for a bit. After a couple of minutes, I heard a faint noise slowly coming towards me. I opened my groggy eyes to catch a glimpse of what was coming for me. I knew it was some type of animal, but my vision was too blurry to see what kind of animal it was. I rubbed my eyes for a couple of seconds. Once I opened them back up, I was able to see clearly. It was a Loth-Wolf running at full speed towards me. Loth-Wolfs are carnivorous predators; however, I remember learning in a book about the different creatures of Lothal that they are users of the Force and can even travel between worlds. Before I even had time to think, the wolf lunged on me and attempted to bite at my throat. I had a sudden surge of adrenaline and pushed the heavy creature off of me. I bolted away from the tree and took off into the distance as far as my body would take me. Past viewing distance of my home, the land was completely unknown to me; however, I had to take the risk.

     This wolf was chasing me down and it didn't seem like it would be giving up anytime soon. I eventually came upon a cliff that had at least a twenty-meter drop. There was no way I would survive a fall from that height. I was cornered. I also learned from that book that if they sense someone strong in the Force, they will not attack them. They are loyal to the Jedi and will travel to their temple on Coruscant to notify the Jedi Council of the Force wielder's presence. This connection to the Force was my lifeline. I was unaware if I had a strong connection with the Force or not, but I had no other options but to try. I moved my hands out in front of me and focused intently on the wolf. I felt something coming out of my hands. It was like air being released from my palms. Suddenly the creature stopped right in front of me and just stared at me. I looked down at my hands in shock at what I just did. When I looked back up, the wolf had vanished, and I saw the remnants of a portal. In that portal, I saw the Jedi Temple. I knew then that the next chapter in my life was coming.