chapter 13

camila sat on her closet floor, frantically going through all her skirts for the perfect one for tonight. at the news of what they were doing, she knew she had to find the perfect outfit considering he had only seen her in her uniform.

after much debate, she settled for a white short sleeved turtleneck tucked into a plaid skirt. she decided she should leave her hair down in her natural waves as opposed to the usual ponytail or messy bun she usually wore to school. for her makeup, she settled for slightly more coverage than usual, but tried keeping it as natural as possible.

she checked the time on her phone and cursed quietly when she realized he was picking her up in less than ten minutes. well, sort of pick up, because you know... during her last few minutes at home she pulled out her phone and shot a text to her best friend.

[dinah]

i'm leaving.. please wish me luck i'm so scared wtf

she gathered a small bag to carry what she needed and ran downstairs. neither of her parents were home, and she had forgotten to tell them about this date, but if they had any questions of where she was at they could always text her. she hung the bag around her shoulder and ran downstairs, trying not to trip as she usually does.

she quickly walked out the front door and locked it, seeing shawn already waiting outside in his car. she smiled and waved, feeling her cheeks heat up when he reciprocated the motion. camila walked to the passengers side and got on and turned to look at him, finding with a small frown.

"i was supposed to do that," he complained jokingly. camila furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"open the door, i mean," he clarified. she laughed and rolled her eyes.

"i don't need the chivalry," she joked.

"no, you twenty-first century girls need chivalry too," he teased, starting the car and driving off.

"so, you've been to this fair before?" he asked a few minutes into their drive. he figured this was the best place to take her, seeing as it was the last weekend it would be in town.

"it's been a while," she responded.

he nodded and began following the directions on the car's gps . the fair was only around a twenty minute drive, but he still hadn't had a chance to drive towards that side of town and was unsure of how to drive through the area. halfway through the drive, he slipped his right hand to latch onto her left, doing so quickly before he chickened out.

she smiled when he did so, interlocking her hands with his. the drive continued with a comfortable silence, the directions from the gps filling the silence every now and then. soon enough, he was pulling into the parking lot of the state fair, paying the required fee at the booth. he pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car.

"don't get out yet," he ordered, pointing his finger at her to show he was serious. she laughed and stayed put. shawn quickly got out of the car and ran to the other side, opening the door for her.

"thank you," she said shyly, getting out quickly.

he shut the door behind them and they began walking towards the entrance. as they walked side by side, she inched closer and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers. they arrived at the entrance, ready to buy their tickets.

"two tickets, please," shawn asked the cashier. as she typed in the register and got their wristbands out. she placed her bag on the counter, ready to take her wallet out. before she could pull out the money, he stopped her by placing his arm over hers and handing cash to pay. '"my treat," he said with a smile.