chapter 17

smut warning

camila cried out in pain as she stood up off the bed. it was her first time standing since she came in, and not only was a shower long overdue, she needed to walk again soon. camila tried to put off this moment as long as she could, even requesting shawn to be there so she knew it would take longer, but inevitably the moment had come.

"c'mon, babe. you can do this," shawn encouraged, grabbing the arm that was around his shoulder and lightly pulling her up from her waist. sinu was on the other side doing the same as him, but struggled a bit more due to her short height. camila only shook her head and cried, tears already stinging in the corners of her eyes.

"only to the shower, nena," sinu encouraged, helping her daughter make minuscule steps towards the hospital bathroom.

a couple minutes and a few escaped tears later, camila was sitting in the shower chair, undressing herself with her mom's aid. shawn had awkwardly stepped out, the awkward situation putting a smile on camila's face. "will you be okay to shower on your own, mi vida?" she asked worriedly. camila nodded and her mother gave her a smile, stepping out of the room.

fifteen minutes later they heard camila open the bathroom door, and sinu rushed to get to her side and help her stand up. the hospital had allowed her to wear personal clothes, and had finally changed into her own sweatpants and t-shirt instead of the uncomfortable hospital gown. "can you walk?" sinu asked, lifting up the majority of her bodyweight herself. she shook her head and groaned, almost falling backwards. sinu laughed slightly and helped her catch her balance.

"here, i got her," shawn offered, going up to them and scooping her up. camila squealed at the sudden movement and wrapped an arm around him, scared she'd fall. he gently placed her back on the hospital bed, apologizing when she grunted due to the sudden pressure. she smiled thankfully and they looked eyes for a moment, but before shawn could lean down for a kiss sinu cleared her throat.

they both blushed at the reminder that they weren't alone, and sinu laughed at the embarrassment. "oh, you lovebirds," she teased. "i need to go buy you kids some food," she said as she had been saying for the past few days around that time in the afternoon. "the doctor is gonna come in to check the bandages and hook you back to your iv, but other than that you'll be left alone," sinu informed.

"got it," shawn smiled, waving at her when she stepped out.

camila sighed when she left, throwing her head back dramatically. "i only had two weeks left with you and now i spent one of them here," she pouted. shawn laughed from the couch he was sitting on.

"are you going to be back in school?" he asked curiously.

"not next week for sure, but probably the week after that, yeah," she pouted. "but you'll be gone and i'll be lonely."

shawn's heart melted at the words. "i'm sorry, babe. do you know what they're gonna do with austin?" he asked cautiously.

camila shifted uncomfortably at the mention of his name. "i haven't even thought about that, i'm guessing my mom will take care of that, honestly i can't even think about that right now," she sighed, throwing her head back once more.

"can you come here and cuddle?" she asked hopefully.

"camila, you know i can't," he laughed. "i don't fit."

"can you put me on the couch then? just until the doctor comes," she pleaded.

"okay, fine, let's go," he gave in, standing up to carry her where he was previously sitting. she sighed contently when she was finally close to him. she sat sideways on his lap, her legs taking up the rest of the couch, as he held her up by her back. camila leaned her head on his shoulder and smiled. she leaned her head upwards to connect their lips in a kiss.