chapter 8

camila was currently sitting at her kitchen table being almost interrogated by her mother. 

"why did you come home early?" she asked for the third time, as if she would get an answer if she kept repeating the question.

camila had her head in her hands and elbows on the table, she had a horrible headache and this intervention wasn't making it any better. sky had errands to run and had just dropped camila off at home, leaving sinu with no answers.

the woman sighed. "i want to understand why you won't talk, but you need to give me some form of answer!" 

all camila did was shrug, though it was barely visible due to the position she was in. 

"i'm not going to keep calling excusing your absences if you don't explain to me why i need to!"

tears started forming in camila's eyes. she couldn't explain. besides the more obvious reason, she didn't think she knew the answer as to why she didn't talk. and no one seemed to understand. 

without waiting for her mom's permission, camila got up and ran to her room, locking the door. she heard her mom yelling at her from downstairs, but she didn't care anymore. she heard a buzz on her pocket, so camila pulled out her phone to check it.

[shawn]

i've been collecting your homework:-) if you want me to go drop them off afterschool let me know!:)

[shawn]

also, are you okay? i won't tell anyone, by the way. dinah has been really worried as well. 

she smiled at his concern but frowned when she read she had worried dinah. she always seemed to be doing that.

she quickly typed back a reply.

[camila]

thank you for that, we can meet up later for it. and i'm fine, i really appreciate that. i'm sorry about earlier.

she knew it was pathetic how attached she had been getting when she had known him for less than a week, but she couldn't help it. 

she guessed it was probably because all he knew to her was this 'new' her, whereas everyone else was still stuck on the old, bubbly camila. she could tell everyone missed the old her. camila missed the old her as well. she had been extremely tired that whole day, and her panic attack certainly didn't help, so she decided to take another nap.

- -

shawn was currently staring at his phone, hoping to get a response soon. 

"still no luck?" asked alessia, seeing her poor brother pout at the lack of messages.

"no, should i just head over there and leave it at her door?"

"she's probably with her family or something, just wait for a response" she laughed.

he nodded and headed back to his room, looking out to the balcony where he could see some of camila's house from the corner of it. the front porch light was on, so they had to be home, right? making his decision, shawn grabbed his phone and his backpack, and began the short walk to her house.

it was only half past 6, but it was already starting to get dark, making him walk faster. you know, just in case. 

he finally reached her house, and reached his hand to ring the doorbell in hopes that she would open the door. shawn heard the soft ringing of the doorbell echo around the house and his palms began to sweat. was this a bad idea? would she think he was a weirdo? before he could dwell any longer the door opened.