chapter 16

almost a month later and dinah and camila had still yet to mend their friendship. in dinah's defense, she had waited a year to hear camila speak again only for her to trust a random guy she had barely met more. and for camila, dinah spent years shielding camila from the bullies only to join their side.

camila and shawn sat at their usual table at their favorite coffee shop, camila sitting nearly on shawn and him wrapping his arm around her, like always.

"we're gonna go visit canada soon, bring back the rest of the stuff and visit family," shawn announced. camila's eyes widened and her face turned into a pout.

"you're leaving me?" she pouted.

shawn laughed at the adorable sight. "it's only for a week, babe."

"i don't have any other friends," camila sighed. shawn rubbed her shoulder knowing it was, unfortunately, true.

"you have two weeks to make friends before i go," he joked. camila groaned and threw her head back, making him laugh. "but you'll be fine." she sighed and furrowed her brows, upset she was going to have to either socialize to not be alone or be alone for a whole week.

"it's getting late though, you wanna go back now?" he asked.

she nodded and gathered her stuff and standing up to throw their trash away. they met up once more at the front of the store and he grabbed her hand. he drove them back in silence, without a doubt her being upset at the news of him leaving.

"why are you going to canada at this time anyway?" she asked, knowing it was only a month until their thanksgiving break.

"canadian thanksgiving," shawn responded. "plus the people who bought our old house complained about there being too much of our stuff in the basement so we're just gonna bring it all back," he explained.

she nodded and leaned her head against the window, deep in her thoughts. maybe she should take that as an opportunity to at least try to make friends. he pulled up to her driveway and she unbuckled her seatbelt, leaning in to give him a kiss before getting out of the car.

"see you tomorrow," he said, waving and driving a few seconds further to his house. camila waved back and stepped into her house, shutting the door loud enough for her mom to hear that she was home. when there was no response she sighed and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

camila locked herself in her room and quickly got ready for bed, preparing everything she needed for the new week. 

the next morning, alessia and camila sat in math class, not listening to the teacher as they scribbled on the bottom of camila's notebook to communicate with each other as the teacher was talking.

alessia turned the notebook over to face her and quickly wrote something below the other stuff they had previously scribbled.

so is shawn your boyfriend now?

when camila read the question she blushed and shyly shook her head, not bothering to write anything down. alessia laughed quietly at her current state and turned to write some more. 

what?! why not? and spill he literally won't tell me anything!

camila smiled at the questions. 

"ms. cabello and ms. mendes, would you like to share with the class the notes you have been passing?" the teacher interrupted. 

camila blushed a deep shade of red while alessia spoke up. "sorry, no ma'am," she apologized. 

the teacher gave them one last look and continued teaching, and camila sighed in relief when the attention was finally off her. alessia mouthed her a sorry over to her, which she laughed off.