Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Amelia was still sitting on the armchair in front of the fireplace when the three boys entered the common room.

"I guess we'll leave you two alone then" Theo cleared his throat and Blaise agreed by nodding his head, smiling into Amelias direction.

Draco sat down where he sat before once the two boys had left the room. His eyes were red, and he looked puffed. He kept his head low, but his eyes were looking up straight into hers.

By the impression he made, she knew that he had guarded her and she was beyond thankful.

She swallowed and slightly opened her lips.

"I love you too, Draco."

His eyes were still filled with water but the smile on his face made it look like he cried from happiness now.

"I'm here for you. Always." He saw that she wasn't ready to be touched yet and so he wondered how he could comfort her in another way.

"I don't know if it helps, but would you want me to run a bath for you?"

"I'd love that." A shy smile filled her lips. She still felt tainted although she had showered several times since that day.

________________________________________________________________________________

He leaned over the bathtub and opened the tap. She watched him pour in a dark green oil and after a while he checked the temperature.

"I think that should be good. If you need something call me." He was already on his way out of the bathroom, drying his hands with a towel.

"Draco, could you stay?" he paused.

"I really don't want to be alone right now." She looked sad and even a bit scared. Her big bathrobe almost touched her feet.

"Sure. If that's what you want." He slowly turned around and felt his heart warm up by her request. There was nothing more he wished for. "I'll look away." He turned to the side and closed his eyes.

She looked at him for a moment, before opening her bathrobe and laying it over the chair next to the bathtub. She placed one leg into the water and felt the heat surround her. She sat down and moved the foam towards her upper body. The water was hot, and steam reached her face.

"I'm ready."

He slowly opened his eyes, keeping his gaze down on the floor. He sank down next to the bathtub, facing it with his back, leaning against it. He drew his legs in and placed his elbows on his knees.

She watched him closely, all she could see was his blonde hair and his perfectly shaped side profile.

They sat there for a while, not talking to each other, but appreciating their presence. She felt so safe whenever he was around.

She sat up and dried her hands on the bath robe close to her. She placed her forearms on the edge of the tub, watching him quietly. He was so beautiful. She then placed her left hand on his right shoulder letting it rest there.

He didn't move his head, but his eyes wandered to her hand, before he touched it with his left hand, leading it to his lips. He placed a soft kiss on her knuckles and let out a sigh.

"I don't deserve you." was all he said.

________________________________________________________________________________

She heard a knock on her door, so she closed her diary and put in back into her drawer.

"It's open."