Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A muffled mumbling woke her, and she opened her eyes, looking into the sun sparkling through her window. She turned around to check on Draco, but the bed was empty.

She got up and tried to determine where the voices were coming from. She wanted to leave her room when she realized that the voices were coming from the hallway. She wasn't able to comprehend what they were saying, so she carefully placed one ear against the wooden door in front of her.

"... only a fool would fall for that."

"Father, I told you a billion times. I'm old enough to make my own decisions."

"Bringing her here? Into my house?! You basically begged for my approval. And the answer is no."

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I made my decision."

"Son don't be foolish. A woman wants a man for his power or his money. I think we both know which one it is."

She heard a scoff. "Have you ever considered that she might actually like me?"

The scoff got drowned out by a cold chuckle. "Please. Why would she like you?"

"She's a Longbottom. Isn't she?"

"And what about it?" Draco sounded rather angry now.

"Your aunt killed her parents. Why would she ever like you."

Her heart ached. She knew that Bellatrix was Dracos aunt, but she would never hate him because of that. Thinking about her parents still hurt, as she misses them more every day.

She didn't hear a response and it hit her, that he could enter her room every moment. She quickly made her way back to the bad and layed down, pretending to still be asleep.

A couple of seconds later the doorknob twisted and Draco entered the room. He sank down on the bad next to her, slightly combing through her hair.

She pretended to have awaken by his sound and opened her eyes slowly.

"Good morning, love. I hope you slept well."

She smiled and happiness filled her. She could only hope that his father's words hadn't affected him. They kept snuggling a bit longer before they got up and started their day together.

Breakfast was awkwardly quiet, but Narcissa was still nice to her. She wondered if she thought the same about her family.

The day passed by and she made her way back to her room. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and she didn't know how the Malfoys celebrated Christmas, but she was curious what traditions their family had.

She entered her room and saw a black box on the bench at the top of her bed, where her trunk had been sitting before. It was wrapped with a silky dark green bow. She opened the box and found a letter laying on top of something that was wrapped in thin paper. She opened the letter and started reading.

"Wear it tonight." was everything the letter said.

She unwrapped the rustling paper and found a set of black underwear. She ran over the fabric with her fingers and saw the label. Agent Provocateur. He really didn't skimp. She always had a thing for expensive underwear, but this specific set matched her taste exactly.

It was a set of a bra, a thong, a suspender and a pair of black tights. The bra was almost fully see-through, just like the knickers. The details of French Leavers lace and elastic straps covered the transparent nylon just a slight bit and gave them a tempting look.