Chapter 2

Jaemin leads me to the elevator and we take it up to the floor where all the practice rooms and recording studios are. When we walk through the doors, the reveal is a large heart made of rose petals scattered artfully across the floor and My Everything by NCT U is playing. Jaemin leads me to the center of the rose petal heart and takes both my hands. Oh my gosh, I have no idea what's he's about to do, but I have a good idea of what he's doing.
"Shelly, you have been in my life for a year now. I never knew what would happen after that day in Paris. Now, I would like to ask for your hand in marriage. Will you marry me?" Jaemin asked, popping open a ring box containing a diamond ring.
"Are you serious?! Yes, of course I'll marry you!" I exclaimed.
"Good. You're co-hosting The Bachelor - NCT Edition alongside me then." Jaemin said.
"I know that's not the only reason you asked me." I said, laughing.
"Now that you said yes, we will be the example couple on the show, the ultimate goal of the show at the end is engagement and marriage." Jaemin explained.
"Okay, I'm in. This is gonna be fun. Finding love for all the other members. Your managers did agree to this idea, right?" I asked.
"They said it's okay. As long as it's just for fun and not a serious relationship. Like We Got Married, fake married." Jaemin said.
"It'd be a shame by the end of the show, they do end up falling in love for real. What do we do then?" I asked.
"Umm. . . They said if that happens, then statements will be made, and the couples will remain private relationships." Jaemin said.
"Ahh, that makes sense." I said.

In preparation for this reality show, all the members agreed to participate and we need to hold auditions for the female participants. The auditions are open world wide and anyone, from anywhere in the world can come audition and prove their worth to one of the members of NCT. As soon as SM Entertainment made this type of announcement to the public, they got thousands upon thousands of auditions, from every corner of the globe. It was almost overwhelming, but the NCT staff was able to narrow it down to just 22 female contestants from 10 countries: Germany, The UK, Canada, The United States of America, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, The Philippines, and Thailand.

All the contestants who passed the first two initial auditions for the show where then flown out to Seoul to have the final audition for the show. All the girls were so pretty, I couldn't believe it. They each auditioned in front of Jaemin and I so that it would be a surprise to the guys. There will be 2 girls from each of the listed countries previously, except for South Korea, there are four contestants from South Korea. The contestants are:
1. Katrina Schmidt - Germany
2. Sabrina Mann - Germany
3. Kelsey Blair - The UK
4. Serena Cook - The UK
5. Tiffany Martin - Canada
6. Kyla Reid - Canada
7. Maia Baxter - The US
8. Myra Sharp - The US
9. Xiao Hualing - China
10. Liao Mingxia - China
11. Sasaki Kyoko - Japan
12. Nakajima Harumi - Japan
13. Nae So-Young - South Korea
14. Ji Eun-Tak - South Korea
15. Park Min-Jee - South Korea
16. Yeom Kyung-Hu - South Korea
17. Charlotte Lee - Australia
18. Grace Campbell - Australia
19. Julia Reyes - The Philippines
20. Carmela del Cruz - The Philippines
21. Achara Saetang - Thailand
22. Chailai Chen - Thailand

The requirements were simple: Any girl born between 1992 and 2004 can apply. They must pass a very in-depth background check to maintain safety between the artist and the contestant. They must follow all the rules stated in the initial application. The rules are listed out clearly on the first page of the audition application. Once all these rules and requirements are fully understood and executed properly, the contestant may go ahead and participate in the show. It is a bit complicated, but all these things are what will keep all the NCT members safe from stalkerish fans called saesang fans in Korean.

With all the contestants chosen, Jaemin and I begin filming the first episode or pilot episode. In this episode, each of the girls will introduce themselves in English, Korean, or their preferred language. When they finish introducing themselves, a member of NCT and a random contestant will be paired together and they will get to know each other through a Q&A session. The first couple paired together is Mark Lee and Kyla Reid, who both hail from Vancouver, Canada. Kyla is the same age as Mark, born in 1999.

During their Q&A session, Mark and Kyla found out that they went to the same elementary school in Canada middle school in Korea; Eonju Middle School.
"No, way. Kyla, is that you?" Mark asked.
"Yeah, did you go to Eonju too?" Kyla asked.
"Yeah." Mark said.
"I think we were classmates." Kyla said. Kyla is half Korean and her father later moved the family to Korea because of his job.
"Really?" Mark asked.
"Yeah, I moved to Korea when I was really young." Kyla said.
"Oh, if you have any elementary photos, we can compare those." Mark said.
"Sure." Kyla said.

After their interview, Mark and Kyla were revealed to each other. Kyla had her elementary class photos from Vancouver pulled up on her phone and her middle school class photo from Seoul. Kyla pointed out a lil Mark Lee among both the classes. He is so adorable in those photos.
"Dang, that is me." Mark said.
"Yep, and there's me." Kyla said, pointing to herself in the photo.
"Wow, what a small world. I think we were bound to meet again. It's funny, I think I remember you from back then." Mark said.
"Yeah, I do too." Kyla said.
"It's so nice meeting you again. What have you been up to lately?" Mark asked.
"It's nice meeting you again too. I've been working on my career." Kyla said.
"Ah, what type of career?" Mark asked.
"I'm an independent artist here in Korea." Kyla said.
"Dang, I'm in a K-pop group. Looks like we ended up doing the same things." Mark said.
"Yeah, that's fun." Kyla said.