Chapter 9

*Honeymoon in Peru*
Jaemin and I landed in Lima, Peru. It is the capital of Peru and a beautiful city. We will be spending our entire week, staying in Lima, then taking a taxi or plane to wherever we choose to go. First things first, we need to settle in our hostel for our first day. Once arriving at our hostel, I got in contact with my Peruvian friend named Diana. We met online on this language learning app called HelloTalk, and we've been friends ever since 2020. We've been dying to meeting in person, so I promised her the next time I'm in Peru, we should meet up. I asked her if she can come over to Lima for the week so we could hang out. Of course, she didn't want to miss the opportunity, so she came right away.

After arriving at our hostel, I gave Diana the address so she can come meet us at the hostel. I meet with her in the lobby.
"Hey, girl~" Diana said.
"Oh my gosh, hi!" I exclaimed.
"Wow, you're so pretty." Diana said.
"Thank you, so are you." I said.
"Thank you." Diana said.
"It actually happened." I said.
"I thought we were never going to meet." Diana said.
"Yeah, me too. After my vacation in Europe, I had like no money to go anywhere. Jaemin was the one who flew me out to Seoul." I said.
"I see." Diana said.
I finished chatting with Diana, and I take her back to my room in the hostel. Waiting there is Jaemin. Diana is taken aback by suddenly seeing Jaemin.
"Diana, this is my husband, Na Jaemin." I said.
"Did you say husband?" Diana said.
"Yep." I said.
"Hello, I'm Jaemin." Jaemin said.
"N- nice to meet you." Diana said, nervous to meet Jaemin.
Jaemin puts his hand out to give her a handshake and when Diana puts her hand out, Jaemin suddenly pulls her into a hug.
"Oh." Diana said, over Jaemin's shoulder.
Jaemin is so much taller than us, it's actually insane.

Later that afternoon, Diana offers to take us out for lunch where she knows there is a great Peruvian restaurant in Lima. We walk into the restaurant and Diana reserves us a table. Hearing her speak Spanish reminds me of home as well because where I grew up, there was a large Latino/Latina community. It felt like my area has a lot of different people groups. I'm glad to have grown up in such a diverse area of Nevada. Although I never grew up in a place like Las Vegas, my area was still pretty diverse.

Diana, Jaemin, and I sit down at a table together. I take a look at the English menu and see all the delicious food. I saw the lemon peppered salmon and just knew I had to get that. I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I had these Peruvian friends and their mom made me that same dish and I loved it ever since. I ordered the lemon peppered salmon and a glass of water on the side. Jaemin got Lomo Saltado, or stir-fry beef. Once our food arrives, Jaemin's eyes widen, seeing the delicious food in front of him. I feel like he's gonna love it.

I begin eating my salmon and it's just as good as my friend's salmon. It's been a long time since we've even talked since he moved away, but I hope he's doing well. Anyways, once we finished eating, it is the evening now. The thing I love doing in a new city is go around at night because cities are most fun at night. We go around the whole city in a single night. Jaemin, Diana, and I had so much fun going around the city, but now we're exhausted. Jaemin and I went back to our hostel for the night. I had informed the front desk people that Jaemin and I are a married couple and would like to have a private room without roommates, and they happily gave us that. I'm glad they did because Jaemin and I would like to have our privacy to do. . . Things, if you know what I mean ;)

That next morning, Jaemin and I wanted to go visit Machu Picchu. In order to get to Machu Picchu from Lima, we need to first go to Cusco. The mode of transportation we chose is by train because it is just beautiful out here in Peru, so we'd like to watch as we head into Cusco. From Cusco, we would then need to go from Cusco to Machu Picchu by train again. It will be a long journey, but that is why we're leaving right now, early in the morning. Jaemin and I head to the train station and buy our tickets to Cusco. After buying our tickets, we get on the train and take our seats in the upper level of the train.

Once arriving in Cusco, we get off this train and buy tickets from here to Machu Picchu. When that is all done, we get on our last train to Machu Picchu. When we finally arrive, the view out here is so pretty. Jaemin points out to the historic sight and is blown blown by the view. It is the most beautiful place he has ever been in his whole life. Jaemin and I take so many photos of Machu Picchu so we will never forget that we were here. Jaemin kisses me while we're at the overview. This is my favorite place to be with Jaemin. I don't think any other place will top Machu Picchu. Before it was always Paris, but after coming here, it's changed.

After taking a lovely tour around Machu Picchu and the surrounding villages, Jaemin and I were ready to return to Lima. We spent a full day at Machu Picchu, petting many cute llamas and talking with the Ingenious People of Peru, the Quechua. We had a really interesting chat, and I got to learn more about the Quechua culture, which was really nice.