Chapter 10

*6 Months - 1 Year Later*
It has been nearly a year since Jaemin and I have gotten married. Today, we will be checking in on all the NCT Bachelor couples to see where they are standing. I am pleased to announce that all 22 couples have decided to stay together, even after such a long time. The couple that is closest to marriage is Kun and Xiao Hualing. They have been really loving each other's company. Kun has already introduced Hualing to his parents and Hualing has introduced Kun to her parents. All that's left now is for Kun to propose and marry Hualing. I am so excited for them because the leader of WayV will be the first one to marry, which nobody was even expecting nor thinking about. At this time in 2024, I have finished my associate's degree in liberal arts and have transferred to Yonsei University, which I'm so happy to get into. At this time, Kun is 28, and he believes it is just the right time to get married. His parents kept pressuring him when he was younger and prior to him being a trainee, to get married if things weren't to work out at SM Entertainment, but guess what? Things did work for Kun, and he's leading one of the biggest C-Pop groups in the world.

Meanwhile, the second couple to be marrying or are close to marriage is Johnny and Sabrina. One day, Johnny had taken Sabrina on a trip to Chicago, Illinois, his hometown. He introduced Sabrina to his parents, who were overjoyed to hear that his one and only son had found love. What shocked them even more is that Johnny fell in love with someone who isn't Korean, but German. That really caught them off guard. While visiting The Bean in Chicago, Johnny proposed to Sabrina. It was really, really romantic. I love Sabrina's engagement ring. Johnny said he had bought the ring at Kay Jewelry, which is a popular jewelry store in America.

Lastly, while on vacation in Vancouver, Canada, Mark and Kyla were having a lovely night out together. Then, to propose to Kyla, Mark is in a restaurant with a beautiful grand piano in it. The scene is set, Mark already called Kyla to make sure she arrived on time. Mark takes a deep breath and sits at the piano. He starts playing and singing Because I Love You by Yoo Jae-Ha. As soon as Mark starts playing, Kyla just knows she's gonna cry. When Mark finishes playing, he approaches Kyla, reaching into his pocket for the engagement ring. He pulls it out of his pocket and gets down on one knee,
"Kyla. We may have met back in elementary, and only vaguely remember of each other. Then, by fate, we met all over again through this silly show that my member came up with. Little did we know where it'd lead us one year down the line. I am so in love with you. So, Kyla Reid, will you marry me?" He pops open the box.
"Are you serious? Yes!" Kyla exclaimed with tears in her eyes.
"I love you so much. Thanks for giving me a chance." Mark said. He helps Kyla stand up, then they share the cutest and most romantic kiss ever. This proposal was caught on camera and will be inserted into the show on the Engagement Special segment of the show.

All three members were filmed while they proposed to their girls. While they would have wanted to have a bit of a intimate/private moment, they're glad it was filmed because it will be a moment rhey will probably watch over and over again. When the guys told me they already proposed, I was super happy for them. I knew Jaemin and I were up to something while we were picking the girls. What's even better is that they're all NCTzens, like me. We have a fun idea planned later on. . .

Later that day, while hanging out with  Carmela and Maia, my same age friends, I run to the bathroom and start to get sick and throw up.
"Shelly, are you okay?" Maia asked.
"I don't know." I said, tears streaming down my face.
"Are you sick? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Carmela asked.
"I think I should." I said. I stumble out of the bathroom, wiping my face of my saliva and vomit.
"My gosh, you look terrible. We need to take you right now." Maia said.
Maia and Carmela walk me to a taxi that they called. They asked the taxi driver to take us to the hospital. Once we're at the hospital, the doctors rush me to the ER.

I was in the hospital for over three hours. When they gave me the document of all their tests, one of the tests was a pregnancy test. They suspected that I was experiencing morning sickness and other pregnancy symptoms. When I read the paper, it read the words:
임신 테스트: 양성입니다.
PREGNANCY TEST: POSITIVE.
It took me a second before my brain registered what was written on the paper. I sit on the hospital bed, just staring at the piece of paper. I have no idea how I'm going to tell Jaemin, or my friends, or even my family. I'm not even 21 yet, as it's only June. I don't turn 21 for 6 months. . . This came as a shock to me. I don't know if Jaemin and I are ready to have kids just yet. Jaemin is just 23 in international age. He is at the height of his career. A child would interrupt that and stop it in its tracks. This is a dilemma that we must resolve soon. . .