Chapter 8

*The Reception Party*
In Korea, they don't have reception parties, so I want to show my Korean friends and Chinese friends what a real party is all about. We headed to Red Lion Casino and Hotel to have our reception party. They have this ballroom that is perfect for reception parties and other big events. For this reception party, I really want NCT to perform and I think it would be fun if I performed with them. Once arriving to Red Lion, I go into the bathroom to change into a stage outfit that matches the NCT DREAM Ridin' concept. This is the outfit:

This outfit is one of my favorite outfits ever from NCT DREAM

This outfit is one of my favorite outfits ever from NCT DREAM. Once I was ready and had my outfit on and my makeup is done, I go back out to join the rest of the boys. The song starts and we dive straight in. One day, Jaemin had decided to just teach me this choreography and I was able to learn it after about two hours of focusing really hard on it. My role in the group for this song is harmony. Since I'm the only girl, I'm supposed to harmonize with the vocalists and during the chorus.

Once I finished performing Ridin' with NCT DREAM, all my friends from home were really impressed. They had no idea what I had gotten up in back in Korea, but I had been secretly taking dance lessons from Jaemin. Nobody really knew except his members who would pop in from time to time to watch. The next song they perform is Boom. This song is honestly such a bop, I love it. I sang along as I watched from the audience. I let them finish their performance on their own. The other songs they performed were; We Go Up and Deja Vu with Mark, We Young, and Don't Need You Love with features British pop singer, HVRY, but since he's not here, I filled his spot.

Next up is NCT 127. They performed a selection of their top 6 songs; Kick It, Punch, Cherry Bomb, Regular - English Version, and Simon Says. When Regular started playing, I couldn't help but dance and sing along. It's such a bop, and Jaehyun's line will forever be misheard in my head. I know the lyric is; I be walkin' with the cheese, that's that queso, queso. In my head, 'walkin' always sounds like the f-word to me. I don't know why. Ever since I watched that video about misheard NCT lyrics, I can't get it out of my head.

Anyways, as one last thing, I begged Doyoung, Taeil, and Jaehyun to perform WITHOUT YOU because it's my favorite NCT U song from NCT 2018 EMPATHY. I see a little smirk on Mark's face. I think he has an idea.
"Does anyone have an electric guitar?" Mark asked.
"I think there's a Fender backstage." One of my friends commented.
"Great. I'mma play for this song." Mark said, walking up to go get the guitar. Mark picks up the guitar and walks out with it. That is the most attractive he's ever looked with that electric guitar, playing WITHOUT YOU for Doyoung, Taeil, and Jaehyun. I love this song because I think the rock genre really suits Jaehyun's voice. The harmonies between Jaehyun Doyoung or Taeil are the absolute best.

Jaemin sees me staring at Mark and nudges me.
"Why are you looking at him like that?" Jaemin asked.
"I'm sorry. I was appreciating his talent." I said.
"Uh-huh, sure. Don't look at other guys like that. Only me." Jaemin said.
"Aww, is my little Minnie jealous?" I asked, teasing him.
"What? No~" Jaemin groaned.
"Alright, alright. I'll stop messing with you." I said.
NCT finished up their performance. Then, we all stand together in a line, hold hands, and take one gigantic bow for the audience. They applauded our amazing performances. The rest of the reception party will be used to eat dinner and catch up with friends.

When the reception party is over, all the guests have left, and I've taken Jaemin back to my apartment. Now that I'm in college, I want to be a bit more independent, so I moved out of my parents' house and moved into this little place. It's a two-bedroom apartment. One room is my room for sleeping and doing work. The other room is a guest room. I kind of want to convert it to my K-pop room where I put my K-pop shelves in there and decorate it with all my posters. In my head, it sounds like a good idea, but why would I waste all that space in the first place? Exactly my point.

The following week, Jaemin and I went on a lovely honeymoon to Peru. We chose Peru because we both have never been and we feel like it'll be fun to go see Machu Pichu and all those pretty places. Plus, llamas. Who can say no to llamas? They are such cute animals, like it's too good not to go.