Chapter 11

I walk out of the hospital and meet with Maia and Carmela.
"Guys, I have some news." I said.
"Yeah, what's up?" Maia asked.
"지금 임신 중이에요." I said(I'm pregnant)
"진짜요??" Maia asked(Really??)
"네, 진짜요." I said(Yeah, really)
"Oh my gosh. What are you gonna do?" Carmela asked.
"I don't know. I need to tell Jaemin." I said.
"Yes, let's rush back to the dorms." Maia said.
Maia, Carmela, and I get a taxi back to the NCT dorms. Thankfully, Jaemin has come back to the dorms for his lunch break. While eating ramen with cilantro, I burst through the door.
"Jaemin!" I exclaimed.
"뭐?" Jaemin asked(What?)
"지금 임신 중이에요" I said.
"뭐?!" Jaemin asked.
"네." I said(Yes)
"Since when?" Jaemin asked.
"I have no idea. Let me think, oh it says here. Four weeks." I said.
"4 weeks? Hmm." Jaemin said, thinking. He's so in shock that a piece of ramen noodle falls from his mouth.
"Okay, let's think about this. I'm not even 21 yet. I turn 21 6 months from now. You're not even 24 yet. You don't turn 24 until August, 3 months from now. Is it a good time for us to have kids?" I asked.
"Yes and no." Jaemin said.
"Okay, elaborate." I said.
"Yes because we are young. It's good to have kids younger. At the same time, it's a little early still." Jaemin said.
"Yeah, both those things are true." I said.
"It's up to both of us to make this decision." Jaemin said.
"True." I said.

Jaemin and I talked for a long time in the dining room, talking about whether or not we're ready to have kids or not. We are both still so young. I wasn't even thinking of being married until I was 25. Kids wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind until at least 28. Now, I'm 20, pregnant, and have no idea what I should do. I wouldn't be opposed to an abortion, but at the same time, it would be way too heartbreaking even if the baby is just a fetus at that point, and has no heartbeat. It's still a tough choice for Jaemin and I. Jaemin doesn't need to go to the military for at least 4 more years, and even with a past injury, he may not even need to go in the first place. He may not be fit for the Korean military, but that's for Jaemin to find out 4 years down the line. For the meantime, Jaemin will just have the time of his life, being in NCT DREAM, doing what he loves.

About a week passes by, and I am now 5 weeks pregnant. My doctor informed me that if I would like to get an abortion, the latest I can wait is no later than 20-22 weeks. At that point, it is almost too late, and is deemed illegal to perform the abortion. Like I already mentioned, I would hate to terminate the baby, but if it's what Jaemin and I decide, then it's one of the options. Another option is to give the baby up for adoption, which wouldn't be as bad as terminating it. Jaemin and I talked about this for a long time. Coming from two completely different cultures and views, one that is much more conservative than the other, we had a hard time agreeing on one of the options. Now, today, Jaemin came home late and walks through the door. He walks up to the bed and asks me to sit up so we can talk.
"Look, jagi, I really wanna have this baby. Please." Jaemin said.
"Oh? What changed your mind?" I asked.
"The thought of being a father, ah! I would love it." Jaemin said.
"Okay." I said, "We'll have and raise the baby."
"Yes, ah I wish you the best. I will try my best to get time off so I can be with you." Jaemin said.
"I'm sure they can give your paternal leave. They did it for Chen of EXO." I said.
"Ah, yes. Chen 선배님." Jaemin said(선배
님 = senior)
"Yeah, so I would think they would do it for you too." I said.
"Okay, I will ask." Jaemin said.
"Good. Just remember, we're in this together." I said.
"Always." Jaemin said.

It took another week or two before Jaemin convinced SM Entertainment to give him paternal leave. I have no idea how it works in the K-pop industry, but in America and in normal jobs, the father is usually given 12 weeks. Once Jaemin told me that he got paternity leave, I was so happy for him. In the meanwhile, Johnny, Kun, and Mark are all preparing for their weddings at their respective locations. Johnny and Sabrina will be marrying in Chicago. Kun and Hualing will be marrying in Kun's hometown: Fujian, China. Finally, Mark and Kyla will be marrying in Vancouver. It will be a little expensive to attend all three weddings, but it is all worth it. The first wedding is Kun and Hualing. They plan to have their wedding as soon as possible. Their wedding is set for July 17th of this year.

While talking with Hualing, she talked about how excited she is to be marrying Kun. She was never this in love with a boy before, so she is so over the moon to he marrying him. She is on Cloud 9 right now. I'm so happy for her and I just know that their traditional Chinese wedding is going to be beautiful. I've only really seen Chinese weddings in movies, and I'm not sure if they're accurate or not. I will know for sure as soon as Jaemin and I attend their wedding a month from now.