Chapter 5

While this whole managing and co-hosting with Jaemin is fun, we had to plan around the show for our wedding as well. We planned to have our wedding after the show finished so we wouldn't have to stress about having the wedding them rushing back to Seoul to finish NCT Bachelor. It is just better for us if we finished the show first then had our wedding. It just makes sense.

We are already 3 weeks into filming the show and not all the members have found their soul mate. To start this week, Doyoung is being paired with Park Min-Jee. Min-Jee was born on February 17, 1994 in Gyeonggi, South Korea. She was born in the same province as Doyoung, but again, never met while growing up. Min-Jee is 2 years older than Doyoung, making her a "noona" to Doyoung. Whenever Doyoung refers to Min-Jee as "noona", a little smile is on her face. They had a good talk, getting to know each other and all that stuff.

Next up is Kun and Xiao Hualing. Hualing was born on April 29, 1999 in Shanghai, China. Upon first meeting, Kun is blown away by how beautiful Hualing is. Hualing is just as shocked at how handsome Kun is. They take their seats across from each other and begin asking each other questions. Kun is 3 years, 3 months, and 28 days older than Hualing. Hualing expressed her liking towards older guys as well. She is really liking Kun, and Kun is vibing with her as well. They have really good chemistry. . . Until, the first kiss of the entire show happens. After having such a good heart-to-heart conversation, Kun couldn't hold back anymore. It was like a perfect, romantic scene from a Chinese drama. I'm in love with that first kiss of the show, and I'm glad it's making it into the show.

After such a dramatic scene, it'll be hard for the next member to top that. The next member is the oldest member in all of NCT, the vocal king himself, Mr. 단한 사람(Apado Gwenchana), Moon Taeil. He is paired with our first Thai contestant, Chailai Chen. Taeil was a little confused at first because Chen is a Korean surname, but Chailai explained that it is a pretty common surname in Thailand. There are lots of Chinese immigrants in Thailand, that's why Chailai eventually ended up with her surname, Chen. Taeil tried his best speaking English to Chailai. She is very patient with Taeil and allows him say what he wants to say. She even taught him a few phrases he really wanted to learn.

Jisung is the next member and he is paired with our second Filipino contestant, Carmela del Cruz. Carmela was born on December 10, 2003. She is exactly one month younger than me and shares a birthday with ITZY maknae; Yuna. Jisung is one of those guys who gets blown away by a girl's natural beauty and personality. For Jisung, Carmela checks all those boxes. Jisung has never really said his ideal type publicly because he doesn't really have one. Jisung has just met Carmela for the first time, and so he is really shy with her. By the end of their session, Jisung hugs her, and Carmela tells Jisung that she enjoyed her day with him today.

The second to last couple is WinWin and Kelsey. Kelsey was born on August 19, 1996 in London, England. She is about one year older than WinWin. As soon as WinWin heard her speak, he knew he had to take his opportunity,
"Can you please teach me English?"
"Sure, what would you like to learn?" Kelsey asked.
"Anything." WinWin said.
"Okay, hmm. Oh, I know. British slang is pretty unique. I'll teach you some of that." Kelsey said.
"Okay." WinWin said.
"First up, rubbish. Ah, this is rubbish. You're absolutely rubbish at football." Kelsey said.
"Rubbish. Okay. Is it like trash?" WinWin asked.
"Yup. Next one is knackered. Ugh, I'm absolutely knackered after working all day. This football match has got me knackered." Kelsey said.
"Oh! Like, tired." WinWin said.
"Wow, good job." Kelsey said.

Now, the last couple of the week is Renjun and Maia Baxter. Maia was born on November 12, 2003, making here 2 days younger than me exactly and Renjun 3 years, 7 months, and 20 days older than Maia. Maia and I bonded over the fact that we are so close to being birthday twins that we just call each other birthday twins. She was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. That's another thing we bonded over, we're both from Nevada. Renjun and Maia's Q&A went about as well as I was expecting. They had good flow during their conversation. They taught each other their languages, Renjun teaching Maia Cantonese and Maia teaching Renjun English. They have the most lovely moment that I have ever seen. Maia sits in Renjun's lap and Renjun just hugs onto her while taking selfies with her. It was honestly one of the cutest things I've ever seen. By the time their session was over, before leaving, Maia made the first move and kisses Renjun. That caught Renjun off a bit, but he just rolled with it.